Re: node won't boot

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009
      Don't know why this was tagged as SPAM on the list, but this is not a
      common problem with an embedded node, and is the first time I have
      seen it.

      Can you tell me exactly what text is shown before and after the "boot"
      prompt you are seeing? The boot partition is on a totally separate
      subsystem of the flash drive, and I would think would be impossible to
      change (it is read only).

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sybrant" <KB0JWR@...>
      wrote:

      > each time I reboot my node it comes up with a Boot: promt where I have
      > to press enter on a keyboard before it will proceed to boot up.
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > kb0jwr
      > node 3833

    • Matthew Sybrant
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 25, 2009
        I have shut my node down as I left CO for a few days in WA. When I
        return (tomorrow/Thur) I will re-boot and get that information.

        matt
        kb0jwr
        node 3833
        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

        > Don't know why this was tagged as SPAM on the list, but this is not
        > common problem with an embedded node, and is the first time I have
        > seen it.
        >
        > Can you tell me exactly what text is shown before and after
        the "boot"
        > prompt you are seeing? The boot partition is on a totally separate
        > subsystem of the flash drive, and I would think would be impossible
        > change (it is read only).

        > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sybrant" <KB0JWR@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > each time I reboot my node it comes up with a Boot: promt where I
        have
        > > to press enter on a keyboard before it will proceed to boot up.
        > >
        > > Any ideas?
        > >
        > > kb0jwr
        > > node 3833

      • Matthew Sybrant
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 26, 2009
          Verifying DMI Pool Data........Update Sucess

          SYSLINUX 3.10 2005-08-24 EBIOS Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin
          boot:

          when I press the <enter> key the node will continue to boot up...
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 27, 2009
            Matt, I need you to forward your SSH port (15426) through your router
            as well. I need to login to have a look at what has changed. Please
            contact me directly when you are able to do this at dcameron@....

            Dave Cameron