node won't boot

  • Matthew Sybrant
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2009
      each time I reboot my node it comes up with a Boot: promt where I have
      to press enter on a keyboard before it will proceed to boot up.

      Any ideas?

      kb0jwr
      node 3833
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 23, 2009
        Don't know why this was tagged as SPAM on the list, but this is not a
        common problem with an embedded node, and is the first time I have
        seen it.

        Can you tell me exactly what text is shown before and after the "boot"
        prompt you are seeing? The boot partition is on a totally separate
        subsystem of the flash drive, and I would think would be impossible to
        change (it is read only).

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sybrant" <KB0JWR@...>
        wrote:

        > each time I reboot my node it comes up with a Boot: promt where I have
        > to press enter on a keyboard before it will proceed to boot up.
        >
        > Any ideas?
        >
        > kb0jwr
        > node 3833

      • Matthew Sybrant
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 25, 2009
          I have shut my node down as I left CO for a few days in WA. When I
          return (tomorrow/Thur) I will re-boot and get that information.

          matt
          kb0jwr
          node 3833
          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

          > Don't know why this was tagged as SPAM on the list, but this is not
          > common problem with an embedded node, and is the first time I have
          > seen it.
          >
          > Can you tell me exactly what text is shown before and after
          the "boot"
          > prompt you are seeing? The boot partition is on a totally separate
          > subsystem of the flash drive, and I would think would be impossible
          > change (it is read only).

          > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sybrant" <KB0JWR@>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > each time I reboot my node it comes up with a Boot: promt where I
          have
          > > to press enter on a keyboard before it will proceed to boot up.
          > >
          > > Any ideas?
          > >
          > > kb0jwr
          > > node 3833

        • Matthew Sybrant
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 26, 2009
            Verifying DMI Pool Data........Update Sucess

            SYSLINUX 3.10 2005-08-24 EBIOS Copyright (C) 1994-2005 H. Peter Anvin
            boot:

            when I press the <enter> key the node will continue to boot up...
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 27, 2009
              Matt, I need you to forward your SSH port (15426) through your router
              as well. I need to login to have a look at what has changed. Please
              contact me directly when you are able to do this at dcameron@....

              Dave Cameron