Re: Simplex Embedded Node

  • Matthew Sybrant
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
      It still seems to not be working properly. I never hear it id itself.
      I can log in, then su - repeater & navigate to
      /home/irlp/features/morse_id. Once there I can send command id_now to
      make it manually id, but it won't do it automatically.

      another thing, maybe related...maybe not, when I re-boot the node
      (flash_sync first if any changes were made); the node does not boot
      itself. It comes up to a Boot Prompt: Once I hit a carriage return
      it will then proceed to boot up properly.

      kb0jwr
      Matt
      Node 3833

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "David Cameron (IRLP)"

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 7, 2009
        This is not the right way to do it, as in controller mode, it will
        try to transmit everytime it receives a signal.

        It would seem to me that the AUX 1 and PTT (pin 2 and 3) are not
        jumpered together on the IRLP cable. This is required for a lot of
        the script in IRLP to work, and is outlined in the embedded-info
        document.

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sybrant" <KB0JWR@...>
        wrote:

        > I don't know why it takes a day or so for my posts to show
        here..but I
        > finally got my embedded node to id every 10 min when in use...I had
        > set the Use Controller = yes.
        >
        > matt
        > kb0jwr
        > Node 3833
        >

        > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sybrant" <KB0JWR@>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > How do I get my simplex embedded node to Morse_Id itself every 10
        > min?
        > > kb0jwr
        > > node 3833

      • Matthew Sybrant
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
          I set the controller mode to NO and now it's not id-ing any more. I
          will have to investigate the cable.

          kb0wjr
          node 3833