Some new setups for experimenters - ref99XX

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2009
      As part of the discussions that have been going around about nodes
      that allow crosslinks, and the need to experiment, I have decided to
      open up a range of numbers of experimental nodes that can be called
      from an IRLP node. They will use no PGP authentication, and will just
      be like a connection to the IRLP echo reflector. They will be
      callable from ANY irlp node, and you can lock them out as you would
      any other node.

      This satisfies the needs of the guidelines, as the IRLP nodes have to
      voluntarily connect.

      There will be a warning created and uploaded to nodes that these are
      experimental numbers. The warning will be "quietable" by adding an
      environment flag.

      The codes from 9900 through 9989 will be set aside for this.

      As a developer/experimenter, you will have to provide me with a
      static IP (or) a dynamic DNS entry you want the connection pointed
      to. No audio files will be supported, except the reflector 9 9 0 0
      linkon.

      These will be assigned first come-first serve basis. Please email me
      directly with requests. The code to do this should be in place within
      a week.