Simplex Embedded Node

  • Matthew Sybrant
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30, 2009
      How do I get my simplex embedded node to Morse_Id itself every 10 min?
      kb0jwr
      node 3833
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
        Matt,

        The instructions I sent a few months back about installing the interval
        ID script should work. There were a few minor errors in it, as I built
        it in a few minutes and never could test it.

        I just logged into your node, and added the interval_id as per the
        instructions from:

        There was one error, that the code you have to add to rc.irlp to make it
        work is:

        killall interval_id >/dev/null 2>&1
        /bin/su repeater -c "/home/irlp/custom/interval_id" >/dev/null 2>&1 &

        So the full instructions on how to make a node ID every 10 minutes are:

        Log in as repeater (or root and su - repeater)
        cd /home/irlp/custom
        wget ftp://ftp.irlp.net/pub/interval_id
        chmod +x interval_id

        Add the following lines to your /home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp file:
        killall interval_id >dev/null 2>&1
        /bin/su repeater -c "/home/irlp/custom/interval_id" >/dev/null 2>&1 &

        In /home/irlp/features/features.env:

        make sure
        export USE_MORSEID=NO

        Matt, drop me a line if this does not work for you.

        Matthew Sybrant wrote:

        > How do I get my simplex embedded node to Morse_Id itself every 10 min?
        > kb0jwr
        > node 3833

      • Matthew Sybrant
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
          It still seems to not be working properly. I never hear it id itself.
          I can log in, then su - repeater & navigate to
          /home/irlp/features/morse_id. Once there I can send command id_now to
          make it manually id, but it won't do it automatically.

          another thing, maybe related...maybe not, when I re-boot the node
          (flash_sync first if any changes were made); the node does not boot
          itself. It comes up to a Boot Prompt: Once I hit a carriage return
          it will then proceed to boot up properly.

          kb0jwr
          Matt
          Node 3833

          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "David Cameron (IRLP)"
          <dcameron@...> wrote:

          > Matt,
          >
          > The instructions I sent a few months back about installing the
          interval
          > ID script should work. There were a few minor errors in it, as I
          built
          > it in a few minutes and never could test it.
          >
          > I just logged into your node, and added the interval_id as per the
          > instructions from:

          > There was one error, that the code you have to add to rc.irlp to
          make it
          > work is:
          >
          > killall interval_id >/dev/null 2>&1
          > /bin/su repeater -c "/home/irlp/custom/interval_id" >/dev/null 2>&1
          &

          > So the full instructions on how to make a node ID every 10 minutes
          are:

          > Log in as repeater (or root and su - repeater)
          > cd /home/irlp/custom
          > wget ftp://ftp.irlp.net/pub/interval_id
          > chmod +x interval_id
          >
          > Add the following lines to your /home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp file:
          > killall interval_id >dev/null 2>&1
          > /bin/su repeater -c "/home/irlp/custom/interval_id" >/dev/null 2>&1
          &

          > In /home/irlp/features/features.env:
          >
          > make sure
          > export USE_MORSEID=NO
          >
          > Matt, drop me a line if this does not work for you.

          > Matthew Sybrant wrote:
          > >

          > > How do I get my simplex embedded node to Morse_Id itself every 10
          min?
          > > kb0jwr
          > > node 3833

        • Matthew Sybrant
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2009
            I don't know why it takes a day or so for my posts to show here..but I
            finally got my embedded node to id every 10 min when in use...I had to
            set the Use Controller = yes.

            matt
            kb0jwr
            Node 3833

            --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sybrant" <KB0JWR@...>

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 7, 2009
              This is not the right way to do it, as in controller mode, it will
              try to transmit everytime it receives a signal.

              It would seem to me that the AUX 1 and PTT (pin 2 and 3) are not
              jumpered together on the IRLP cable. This is required for a lot of
              the script in IRLP to work, and is outlined in the embedded-info
              document.

              wrote:

              > I don't know why it takes a day or so for my posts to show
              here..but I
              > finally got my embedded node to id every 10 min when in use...I had
              > set the Use Controller = yes.
              >
              > matt
              > kb0jwr
              > Node 3833
              >

              > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Matthew Sybrant" <KB0JWR@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > How do I get my simplex embedded node to Morse_Id itself every 10
              > min?
              > > kb0jwr
              > > node 3833

            • Matthew Sybrant
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 8, 2009
                I set the controller mode to NO and now it's not id-ing any more. I
                will have to investigate the cable.

                kb0wjr
                node 3833