Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: Node rebooted will it recover? No static IP.

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2009
      The DHCP service will run continually, so it should grab an IP. I am not
      sure of the interval. It would depend if the ethernet card had a "link
      up" or not during the boot cycle. If not, it may not come back up.

      However, is there any way to assign a static IP to the system? Then this
      will never happen again.

      Gary Paul wrote:

      > Does the embedded node reboot in a script file that runs at a specific time?
      > I was thinking that the node would just sit there until it was rebooted
      > manually to grab an IP.
      > Thanks & 73's
      > Gary K2ACY
      >

      > On Feb 1, 2009, at 12:26 AM, "Don" <donmor46@...
      > <mailto:donmor46@...>> wrote:
      >

      >> It should reboot and choose an ip from the router but you will most
      >> likely have to reset the portforwarding in your router unless you are
      >> lucky and have it choose the one it was on before.
      >>
      >> Don VE7EDA
      >>
      >> --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      >> <mailto:irlp-embedded%40yahoogroups.com>, "garyp609" <gary.paul@...>
      >> wrote:
      >> >
      >> > Hello,
      >> > I rebooted my Embedded Node tonight remotely through Putty with the
      >> > reboot command. When the node booted back up the router and internet
      >> > connection were down. The node booted back up without getting assigned
      >> > an IP address. I am not using a static IP. The internet connection is
      >> > now back up. Will my node recover and grab an IP address from the
      >> > router or do I have to go to the repeater site and reboot the node
      >> > manually now that the router and internet connection are back up?
      >> > Thanks & 73's
      >> > Gary K2ACY

    • Gary Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1 7:42 AM
        Thanks to all that helped. I went to the site this morning and reset the computer.

        73's Gary K2ACY

        Gary Paul wrote:

        > Does the embedded node reboot in a script file that runs at a specific time?
        > I was thinking that the node would just sit there until it was rebooted
        > manually to grab an IP.
        > Thanks & 73's
        > Gary K2ACY
        >

        > On Feb 1, 2009, at 12:26 AM, "Don" <donmor46@gmail. com
        > <mailto:donmor46@gmail. com>> wrote:
        >

        >> It should reboot and choose an ip from the router but you will most
        >> likely have to reset the portforwarding in your router unless you are
        >> lucky and have it choose the one it was on before.
        >>
        >> Don VE7EDA
        >>
        >> --- In irlp-embedded@ yahoogroups. com
        >> <mailto:irlp- embedded% 40yahoogroups. com>, "garyp609" <gary.paul@. ..>
        >> wrote:
        >> >
        >> > Hello,
        >> > I rebooted my Embedded Node tonight remotely through Putty with the
        >> > reboot command. When the node booted back up the router and internet
        >> > connection were down. The node booted back up without getting assigned
        >> > an IP address. I am not using a static IP. The internet connection is
        >> > now back up. Will my node recover and grab an IP address from the
        >> > router or do I have to go to the repeater site and reboot the node
        >> > manually now that the router and internet connection are back up?
        >> > Thanks & 73's
        >> > Gary K2ACY

      • Keith VE7GDH
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1 8:04 AM
          Gary K2ACY wrote...

          > Thanks to all that helped. I went to the site this morning and reset
          > the computer.

          But did you set it up on a fixed IP address so it won't happen again?