Re: [irlp-embedded] Embedded Node to RC210 Controller ECHO Effect

  • Ted Maczulat
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009
      In the RC210 is the port you have the node connected to configures as a repeater or as a remote base?  It should be set as a remote not as a repeater.

      Ted
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 11, 2009
        Where is that setting? I have port 3 the IRLP node as half duplex. Non repeating port.
        Thanks for you help.
        Gary K2ACY

        garyp609 wrote:

        > I have an embedded node hooked directly to port 3 of my Arcom
        > controller. Port 1 & 2 are Kenwood TKR repeaters. When I link the
        > embedded node to port 1 or 2 I get a slight echo effect. By turning off
        > port 3 in the Arcom controller and just leaving port 1 & 2 on and
        > linked together the audio is fine. Is there a setting in the embedded
        > node that I need to set because it's hook directly to a repeater
        > controller? I have checked aumix and the only 'R' is on LINE and it is
        > at zero. I have Volume, PCM and IGAIN controls enabled. All other
        > sliders are zeroed. Also if this helps. I get an echo effect on the wav
        > file played when a user times out on EchoLink. Any help would be
        > appreciated.
        > Thanks & 73's
        > Gary

      • garyp609
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
          I solved the echo problem. I didn't have both analog and digital
          grounds hooked up on the Repeater Controller. Once I connected the
          digital ground the echo went away on all ports including IRLP.

          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Gary Paul <gary.paul@...> wrote:

          > Where is that setting? I have port 3 the IRLP node as half duplex.
          Non
          > repeating port.
          > Thanks for you help.
          > Gary K2ACY
          >

          > On Jan 11, 2009, at 2:16 AM, "Ted Maczulat" <tmaczulat@...> wrote:
          >
          > > In the RC210 is the port you have the node connected to
          configures
          > > as a repeater or as a remote base? It should be set as a remote
          not
          > > as a repeater.
          > >
          > > Ted
          ECHO