RE: [irlp-embedded] Embedded Node to RC210 Controller ECHO Effect

  • Gary Paul
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009

      Any idea why when a node times out when connected the disconnected message has a reverb on it? It seems to be playing twice just milliseconds apart.

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009
        In the RC210 is the port you have the node connected to configures as a repeater or as a remote base?  It should be set as a remote not as a repeater.

        Ted

        garyp609 wrote:

        > I have an embedded node hooked directly to port 3 of my Arcom
        > controller. Port 1 & 2 are Kenwood TKR repeaters. When I link the
        > embedded node to port 1 or 2 I get a slight echo effect. By turning off
        > port 3 in the Arcom controller and just leaving port 1 & 2 on and
        > linked together the audio is fine. Is there a setting in the embedded
        > node that I need to set because it's hook directly to a repeater
        > controller? I have checked aumix and the only 'R' is on LINE and it is
        > at zero. I have Volume, PCM and IGAIN controls enabled. All other
        > sliders are zeroed. Also if this helps. I get an echo effect on the wav
        > file played when a user times out on EchoLink. Any help would be
        > appreciated.
        > Thanks & 73's
        > Gary

      • Gary Paul
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 11, 2009
          Where is that setting? I have port 3 the IRLP node as half duplex. Non repeating port.
          Thanks for you help.
          Gary K2ACY

          garyp609 wrote:

          > I have an embedded node hooked directly to port 3 of my Arcom
          > controller. Port 1 & 2 are Kenwood TKR repeaters. When I link the
          > embedded node to port 1 or 2 I get a slight echo effect. By turning off
          > port 3 in the Arcom controller and just leaving port 1 & 2 on and
          > linked together the audio is fine. Is there a setting in the embedded
          > node that I need to set because it's hook directly to a repeater
          > controller? I have checked aumix and the only 'R' is on LINE and it is
          > at zero. I have Volume, PCM and IGAIN controls enabled. All other
          > sliders are zeroed. Also if this helps. I get an echo effect on the wav
          > file played when a user times out on EchoLink. Any help would be
          > appreciated.
          > Thanks & 73's
          > Gary

        • garyp609
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
            I solved the echo problem. I didn't have both analog and digital
            grounds hooked up on the Repeater Controller. Once I connected the
            digital ground the echo went away on all ports including IRLP.

            --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Gary Paul <gary.paul@...> wrote:

            > Where is that setting? I have port 3 the IRLP node as half duplex.
            Non
            > repeating port.
            > Thanks for you help.
            > Gary K2ACY
            >

            > On Jan 11, 2009, at 2:16 AM, "Ted Maczulat" <tmaczulat@...> wrote:
            >
            > > In the RC210 is the port you have the node connected to
            configures
            > > as a repeater or as a remote base? It should be set as a remote
            not
            > > as a repeater.
            > >
            > > Ted
            ECHO