Netgear FWG114Pv2 router

  • va3ow
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 10, 2009
      Want to try a netgear router, but seem to be having problems getting the port forwarding set
      properly. Any one have Netgear/IRLP experience out there?
      Main reason I want to switch is the Netgear has a printer sever built in.

      Linksys router working ok for me at present (node 2141).

      John va3ow
    • Mike Mullarkey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 10, 2009

        The net gear is more reliable than my old Linksys WRT54G I have sitting on the shelf collecting dust. Much better unit than Linksys.

        Mike K7PFJ

        Want to try a netgear router, but seem to be having problems getting the port forwarding set
        properly. Any one have Netgear/IRLP experience out there?
        Main reason I want to switch is the Netgear has a printer sever built in.

        Linksys router working ok for me at present (node 2141).

        John va3ow

      • David Cameron IRLP
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 10, 2009
          The Netgear FWG114 is listed on portforward.com, complete with the IRLP
          info included.

          Here is the link:

          http://tinyurl.com/7mmyee

          The trick seems to be to add a rule to firewall as well as forwarding
          the port.