Embedded Node to RC210 Controller ECHO Effect

  • garyp609
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 9, 2009
      I have an embedded node hooked directly to port 3 of my Arcom
      controller. Port 1 & 2 are Kenwood TKR repeaters. When I link the
      embedded node to port 1 or 2 I get a slight echo effect. By turning off
      port 3 in the Arcom controller and just leaving port 1 & 2 on and
      linked together the audio is fine. Is there a setting in the embedded
      node that I need to set because it's hook directly to a repeater
      controller? I have checked aumix and the only 'R' is on LINE and it is
      at zero. I have Volume, PCM and IGAIN controls enabled. All other
      sliders are zeroed. Also if this helps. I get an echo effect on the wav
      file played when a user times out on EchoLink. Any help would be
      appreciated.
      Thanks & 73's
      Gary
    • David Cameron IRLP
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009
        Have you contacted Ken Arck and asked him his opinion? It sounds to me
        like you have the port for IRLP not set right.

        Dave Cameron

        garyp609 wrote:

        > I have an embedded node hooked directly to port 3 of my Arcom
        > controller. Port 1 & 2 are Kenwood TKR repeaters. When I link the
        > embedded node to port 1 or 2 I get a slight echo effect. By turning off
        > port 3 in the Arcom controller and just leaving port 1 & 2 on and
        > linked together the audio is fine. Is there a setting in the embedded
        > node that I need to set because it's hook directly to a repeater
        > controller? I have checked aumix and the only 'R' is on LINE and it is
        > at zero. I have Volume, PCM and IGAIN controls enabled. All other
        > sliders are zeroed. Also if this helps. I get an echo effect on the wav
        > file played when a user times out on EchoLink. Any help would be
        > appreciated.
        > Thanks & 73's
        > Gary

      • Gary Paul
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009

          Any idea why when a node times out when connected the disconnected message has a reverb on it? It seems to be playing twice just milliseconds apart.

          garyp609 wrote:

          > I have an embedded node hooked directly to port 3 of my Arcom
          > controller. Port 1 & 2 are Kenwood TKR repeaters. When I link the
          > embedded node to port 1 or 2 I get a slight echo effect. By turning off
          > port 3 in the Arcom controller and just leaving port 1 & 2 on and
          > linked together the audio is fine. Is there a setting in the embedded
          > node that I need to set because it's hook directly to a repeater
          > controller? I have checked aumix and the only 'R' is on LINE and it is
          > at zero. I have Volume, PCM and IGAIN controls enabled. All other
          > sliders are zeroed. Also if this helps. I get an echo effect on the wav
          > file played when a user times out on EchoLink. Any help would be
          > appreciated.
          > Thanks & 73's
          > Gary

        • Ted Maczulat
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10, 2009
            In the RC210 is the port you have the node connected to configures as a repeater or as a remote base?  It should be set as a remote not as a repeater.

            Ted

            garyp609 wrote:

            > I have an embedded node hooked directly to port 3 of my Arcom
            > controller. Port 1 & 2 are Kenwood TKR repeaters. When I link the
            > embedded node to port 1 or 2 I get a slight echo effect. By turning off
            > port 3 in the Arcom controller and just leaving port 1 & 2 on and
            > linked together the audio is fine. Is there a setting in the embedded
            > node that I need to set because it's hook directly to a repeater
            > controller? I have checked aumix and the only 'R' is on LINE and it is
            > at zero. I have Volume, PCM and IGAIN controls enabled. All other
            > sliders are zeroed. Also if this helps. I get an echo effect on the wav
            > file played when a user times out on EchoLink. Any help would be
            > appreciated.
            > Thanks & 73's
            > Gary

          • Gary Paul
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 11, 2009
              Where is that setting? I have port 3 the IRLP node as half duplex. Non repeating port.
              Thanks for you help.
              Gary K2ACY

              garyp609 wrote:

              > I have an embedded node hooked directly to port 3 of my Arcom
              > controller. Port 1 & 2 are Kenwood TKR repeaters. When I link the
              > embedded node to port 1 or 2 I get a slight echo effect. By turning off
              > port 3 in the Arcom controller and just leaving port 1 & 2 on and
              > linked together the audio is fine. Is there a setting in the embedded
              > node that I need to set because it's hook directly to a repeater
              > controller? I have checked aumix and the only 'R' is on LINE and it is
              > at zero. I have Volume, PCM and IGAIN controls enabled. All other
              > sliders are zeroed. Also if this helps. I get an echo effect on the wav
              > file played when a user times out on EchoLink. Any help would be
              > appreciated.
              > Thanks & 73's
              > Gary

            • garyp609
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 14, 2009
                I solved the echo problem. I didn't have both analog and digital
                grounds hooked up on the Repeater Controller. Once I connected the
                digital ground the echo went away on all ports including IRLP.

                --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Gary Paul <gary.paul@...> wrote:

                > Where is that setting? I have port 3 the IRLP node as half duplex.
                Non
                > repeating port.
                > Thanks for you help.
                > Gary K2ACY
                >

                > On Jan 11, 2009, at 2:16 AM, "Ted Maczulat" <tmaczulat@...> wrote:
                >
                > > In the RC210 is the port you have the node connected to
                configures
                > > as a repeater or as a remote base? It should be set as a remote
                not
                > > as a repeater.
                > >
                > > Ted
                ECHO