Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: Remote Web Admin

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 25 12:34 PM
      Oops... SOunds like I made the symbolic link incorrectly :)

      If you like "remote", you can run the following commands as root.

      cd /var/www/html
      ln -s control remote

      Then both
      http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control
      and
      http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/remote

      should work.

      On Mon, 25
      Sep
      2006, David wrote:

      > Try the URL below:
      >
      > http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control/
      >
      > I couldn't get it to work with remote either.
      >
      > David
      >
      > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "donmor46" <donmor46@...>
      > wrote:
      >>
      >> Can't get mine up on either node.
      >>
      >> Don VE7EDA
      >> Node 1811, 1946
      >>

      >> --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <dennis_james@>
      > wrote:
      >>>
      >>> Using http://stn6233.ip.irlp.net/remote/ for some unknown reason
      >>> cannot seem to access it.
      >>>
      >>> I gather that the port is 15426, I have all ports forwarded, but
      >>> cannot solve as to why I not getting in.
      >>>
      >>> Winscp works fine.
      >>>
      >>> Any advice appreciated
      >>>
      >>> Dennis

    • donmor46
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 25 4:09 PM
        Dave

        Don't have cd /var/www/html
        Do have a cd /var/www/dtdocs
        That takes me to control which takes me to
        /home/irlp/scripts/admin_php_scripts

        Am I missing something?

        Don VE7EDA

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, David Cameron - IRLP

        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 25 4:41 PM
          Sorry, I was confused, as the embedded nodes use a different directory.

          cd /var/www/htdocs
          ln -s control remote

          The URL
          http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control
          should work from the outside of your network.

          At this time, it would seem that you do not have port 80 in the forwarding
          rules for the routers that house your nodes. It is possible the telus is
          blocking incoming data on port 80 as well.

          I logged in and checked that the webserver is running fine on both nodes.
          The problem is in the port forwarding in the router (there is no port 80
          forwared).

          On Mon, 25 Sep 2006, donmor46 wrote:

          > Dave
          >
          > Don't have cd /var/www/html
          > Do have a cd /var/www/dtdocs
          > That takes me to control which takes me to
          > /home/irlp/scripts/admin_php_scripts
          >
          > Am I missing something?
          >
          > Don VE7EDA
          >

          > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, David Cameron - IRLP
          > <dcameron@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Oops... SOunds like I made the symbolic link incorrectly :)
          >>
          >> If you like "remote", you can run the following commands as root.
          >>
          >> cd /var/www/html
          >> ln -s control remote
          >>
          >> Then both
          >> http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control
          >> and
          >> http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/remote
          >>
          >> should work.
          >>
          >> Dave Cameron
          >> VE7LTD
          >>

          >> On Mon, 25
          >> Sep
          >> 2006, David wrote:
          >>
          >>> Try the URL below:
          >>>
          >>> http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control/
          >>>
          >>> I couldn't get it to work with remote either.
          >>>
          >>> David
          >>>
          >>> --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "donmor46" <donmor46@>

        • Nate Duehr
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 25 7:02 PM
            David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
            > Sorry, I was confused, as the embedded nodes use a different directory.
            >
            > cd /var/www/htdocs
            > ln -s control remote
            >
            > The URL
            > http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control
            > should work from the outside of your network.
            >
            > At this time, it would seem that you do not have port 80 in the forwarding
            > rules for the routers that house your nodes. It is possible the telus is
            > blocking incoming data on port 80 as well.
            >
            > I logged in and checked that the webserver is running fine on both nodes.
            > The problem is in the port forwarding in the router (there is no port 80
            > forwared).

            Comment:

            If Telus blocks 80 you can forward a different port to port 80 on the
            box and that'll work if your router can do that.

            Nate
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 25 7:25 PM
              > Comment:
              >
              > If Telus blocks 80 you can forward a different port to port 80 on the
              > box and that'll work if your router can do that.

              Or you can always change the port that apache listens to.

              If you need to do that, I can send a howto.

              > Nate

            • donmor46
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 25 9:44 PM
                Dave. My remote will not except the username and password that it once
                had. stn1811 ve7fl

                Have not opened the ports of 1946 yet.

                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 27 11:01 AM
                  The default username and password are remote:remote

                  On your first login you were asked to re-assign a password to the
                  user "remote" for the web admin.

                  The username will be remote, and the password will be what you setup.

                  Dave Cameron