Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: Remote Web Admin

    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 25, 2006
      The webadmin on the embedded nodes runs on port 80, the standard port.

      Do you mind if I login and have a look around? I test the remote admin
      software before the nodes left the house here, so I am confident they are
      (were) working.

      I am sure it is a simple oversight. You would have to forward port 80 to
      allow these connections through. It is also possible that your ISP is
      blocking incoming traffic on port 80. SOme do. Telus doesnt that I know
      of.

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 25, 2006
        Oops... SOunds like I made the symbolic link incorrectly :)

        If you like "remote", you can run the following commands as root.

        cd /var/www/html
        ln -s control remote

        Then both
        http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control
        and
        http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/remote

        should work.

        On Mon, 25
        Sep
        2006, David wrote:

        > Try the URL below:
        >
        > http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control/
        >
        > I couldn't get it to work with remote either.
        >
        > David
        >
        > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "donmor46" <donmor46@...>
        > wrote:
        >>
        >> Can't get mine up on either node.
        >>
        >> Don VE7EDA
        >> Node 1811, 1946
        >>

        >> --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <dennis_james@>
        > wrote:
        >>>
        >>> Using http://stn6233.ip.irlp.net/remote/ for some unknown reason
        >>> cannot seem to access it.
        >>>
        >>> I gather that the port is 15426, I have all ports forwarded, but
        >>> cannot solve as to why I not getting in.
        >>>
        >>> Winscp works fine.
        >>>
        >>> Any advice appreciated
        >>>
        >>> Dennis

      • donmor46
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 25, 2006

          Don't have cd /var/www/html
          Do have a cd /var/www/dtdocs
          That takes me to control which takes me to
          /home/irlp/scripts/admin_php_scripts

          Am I missing something?

          Don VE7EDA

          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, David Cameron - IRLP

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 25, 2006
            Sorry, I was confused, as the embedded nodes use a different directory.

            cd /var/www/htdocs
            ln -s control remote

            The URL
            http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control
            should work from the outside of your network.

            At this time, it would seem that you do not have port 80 in the forwarding
            rules for the routers that house your nodes. It is possible the telus is
            blocking incoming data on port 80 as well.

            I logged in and checked that the webserver is running fine on both nodes.
            The problem is in the port forwarding in the router (there is no port 80
            forwared).

          • Nate Duehr
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 25, 2006
              David Cameron - IRLP wrote:
              > Sorry, I was confused, as the embedded nodes use a different directory.
              >
              > cd /var/www/htdocs
              > ln -s control remote
              >
              > The URL
              > http://stn????.ip.irlp.net/control
              > should work from the outside of your network.
              >
              > At this time, it would seem that you do not have port 80 in the forwarding
              > rules for the routers that house your nodes. It is possible the telus is
              > blocking incoming data on port 80 as well.
              >
              > I logged in and checked that the webserver is running fine on both nodes.
              > The problem is in the port forwarding in the router (there is no port 80
              > forwared).

              Comment:

              If Telus blocks 80 you can forward a different port to port 80 on the
              box and that'll work if your router can do that.

              Nate
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 25, 2006
                > Comment:
                >
                > If Telus blocks 80 you can forward a different port to port 80 on the
                > box and that'll work if your router can do that.

                Or you can always change the port that apache listens to.

                If you need to do that, I can send a howto.

                > Nate

              • donmor46
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 25, 2006
                  Dave. My remote will not except the username and password that it once
                  had. stn1811 ve7fl

                  Have not opened the ports of 1946 yet.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 27, 2006
                    The default username and password are remote:remote

                    On your first login you were asked to re-assign a password to the
                    user "remote" for the web admin.

                    The username will be remote, and the password will be what you setup.

                    Dave Cameron