Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: Provider change

  • Stephen Johnston
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 29, 2008
      --- "David Cameron (IRLP)" <dcameron@...> wrote:

      > Tell us about how you are connecting your system to
      > the internet. Do you
      > go from a DSL modem to a router to the node? Are you
      > using a hub or
      > switch anywhere in the system?

      I am using the dsl as a modem only and have my router
      connected to the "wan" This is a new telus modem that
      has 4 ports and wireless in it but have turded this
      option off.

      > Don is right though. If the IP of your node is not
      > static, there is a
      > chance that the node is not getting the right ports
      > forwarded.

      Ran "ifconfig eth0" and ip is as it should be. Router
      has all ports forwarded. Nothing has been change since
      the last provider.

      > Does the node dial out but not get any audio back
      > in?

      This seems to be what it is doing, I can make a
      connection but no audio goes thro.

      We have to remember that the node has run with out a
      problem since the day it got here and has only
      developed this problem since changing from shaw to
      telus as provider.

      Steve
      VE6CYR

      IRLP Node 1300
      EchoLink Node 74852
      Steve Johnston
      VE6CYR

      http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2008
        Stephen, your telus modem also contains a router. So you are going to
        have to log in to that device, and forward the ports on it.

        Or, you have to ask Telus to send you a "Thomson modem" which will allow
        you to not only make this work without playing around with it, but will
        also allow you to access both routable IP addresses.