Embedded use

  • darhalk9drf
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 11, 2008
      I am considering an embedded irlp unit for the radio club to add
      to their repeater. I have several questions.
      1. can it use the same network connection as DSTAR. They do not share
      any ports. We are using a router already for DSTAR gateway.
      2. Does the unit come with AC as the standard power source. The photos
      do show a standard AC input plug on the the unit.

      Darhal Wolf, K9DRF a previous irlp owner several years back in
      Peoria, IL.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 11, 2008
        Yes it can share the same connection as the DSTAR gateway.

        Also, you can choose any option you want for power. By default, it comes
        with a AC adapter that supplies 12.0V to the board. You can not feed
        this with a standard 13.8V supply, as it will not work and trip out.
        There is a $60 "DC option" that you add on to the unit that will allow
        it to operate on 6-32VDC. This is most often used at repeater sites
        where a DC supply is used. Either way I supply the AC-DC adapter.