BETA TEST - New scripts and binaries interesting to EMBEDDED Owners

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 28, 2008
      There is a new release of code for testing. I want to roll this into
      main stream use as quickly as possible.

      The imike/ispeaker binaries supplied should fix the following issues:

      1) Supports GSM, ADPCM, and UNCOMPRESSED codecs in half and full
      duplex (also has CELP codec, but not used widely)
      2) Supports and implements a small jitter buffer (which gets rid of
      some clicking noises on nodes with CTCSS or hum) This also makes for
      cleaner audio all around, all with the expense of about 100
      milliseconds delay.
      3) Implements the control packets STATIONID tag, for collection of
      data about nodes connected to a reflector.

      The new scripts fix some bugs, including:

      1) Adds a maximum 2 second wait for the node to download the
      stnxxxxon.wav ID file (if it exists) from the servers if there is a
      new file or update to the file.
      2) Adds the ability for embedded nodes to run custom ID files without
      worrying about filling the drive by removing files after use. (You
      can safely set PLAY_CUSTOM_IDS to YES in the environment files)

      I have decided to mothball the "streaming ID" project due to too many
      variables and opposition from custom systems. There is very little
      change to the ID system besides the delay and some code cleanup.

      To implement and take part in the beta, please implement the beta
      files on your node by performing the following steps after logging in
      as root (or repeater):

      su - repeater
      rsync -Waz irlp.net::beta /home/irlp/

      The uncompressed codec is activated by setting the DEFAULTCODEC in
      your environment file to UNCOMP or UNCOMP_FD (for full duplex).

      Some reflectors for testing the uncompressed codec include:

      9004 - Main test platform
      9200
      9739
      9755

      Trying to connect to these systems without applying the update may
      result in unpredictable results! Worst case will be hearing scrambled
      audio or dead keyups.

      Also point to point nodes need to be tested for compliance of the
      full duplex codecs. If you have two full duplex capable nodes, any
      playing you can do would be great. I will be able to monitor 1010
      (full duplex embedded node, set to UNCOMP_FD) and 1000 (non-embedded,
      set to UNCOMP_FD) after 5pm Pacific.

      NOTE: Your node will return to the normal files overnight during the
      update, or you can force it by typing:

      su - repeater
      ./scripts/update files

      The binaries are very similar to the last set that was tested heavily
      over the past few months, so this BETA cycle will be fairly short, so
      that everyone can enjoy the new features.

      Please report any bugs/problems to dcameron@.... Please feel
      free to use the yahoo group to discuss tests and to organize tests.

      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 28, 2008
        My error - The uncompressed reflectors are:

        9003 - Main test platform
        9200
        9739
        9754