DSP-404 controller

  • gauthier_jacques
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
      Good Day All,

      I would like to know if the embedded IRLP will work with a DSP-404
      controller. I have recently moved and unable to set-up my node, and if
      I can connect it to this controller my club may buy it. All you help is
      greatly appreciated.

      73's
      Jack
      ve3wbt
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
        The DSP 404 is no different than any controller that has radio ports.
        You can interface an IRLP node to any controller that has a duplex radio
        port. That being said, there are a lot of other features of a DSP 404,
        such as VoIP linking, that are proprietary to Link-comm, and would
        require a network of those controllers to work with.

        The node will work on the controller, just not with its digital features.

        gauthier_jacques wrote:

        > Good Day All,
        >
        > I would like to know if the embedded IRLP will work with a DSP-404
        > controller. I have recently moved and unable to set-up my node, and if
        > I can connect it to this controller my club may buy it. All you help is
        > greatly appreciated.
        >
        > 73's
        > Jack
        > ve3wbt

      • Marshall Oldham
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
          Jack,

          Yes your embedded node should work fine. You will need to build an interface cable to go from the IRLP node to the Controller. If
          you need help with this, I can build you up a cable.

          Marshall

        • Jacques Gauthier
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 2008
            Thank's for the input Marshall and Dave, I will pass this info on to our club repeater guru, if he needs a cable config, then I will pass on Marshall's e-mail address. Again thank's.

            73's
            Jacques Gauthier
            VE3WBT
            Node #2266