Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: EchoLink Problem here

  • Ed Yoho
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008

      > NO Ed, the ports ARE forwarded in the router, and I just double
      > checked and confirmed it again. It sounded like ports to me too but I
      > had forwarded 5198-5199 UDP to the node box
      >
      > Thanks, ALOHA

      The two environment error messages you got from the troubleshoot-irlp
      script are not really problems (just lines not in a 'stock' IRLP node
      environment file).

      It does appear the ports are correct. I was able to connect _once_ and
      it did not time out as it would if the ports are not open of if TBD is
      not running.

      A possible hint is the node is not showing on the EchoLink status page.
      After noticing that, I tried to re-connect and the connection timed out.

      Ed Yoho
      W6YJ
    • kokohead2001
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008
        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "kokohead2001" <kh6gmp@...> wrote:

        > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Ed Yoho <w6yj_yahoo@> wrote:
        > >
        > > kokohead2001 wrote:
        > > > Can anyone help me with this one. Ive got Echolink enabled
        with the
        > > > embedded node. I can connect to any Echolink node with star and
        > > > node number. and disconnect with 73. I connect to the echolink
        test
        > > > server and it onnects and I transmit audio but nothing comes
        back. I
        > > > can connect to an echolink node and it connects, they dont hear
        me and
        > > > I dont hear them. Ive dont the irlp troubleshoot script, it
        is all
        > > > OK, EXCEPT; it tells me there is corruption in the environmen
        > > > file,and its saying the problem exists at or near the folg lines
        > > >
        > > > ./home/irlp/features/features.env
        > > >
        > > > and below that
        > > >
        > > > if ["$USE_ECHOIRLP" = YES] ; then
        > > > .$HOME/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
        > > > fi
        > > >
        > > > Please check troubleshooting docs to resolve this problem.
        > > >
        > > > ==================
        > > > But I cant find those docs so my problem remains 'unresolved' Can
        > > > anyone give me any advise?
        > > >
        > > > ALOHA de Gary, working on Node 3212
        > > >

        > > My guess would be UDP ports 5198 & 5199 are not forwarded to your
        > node's
        > > IP. Take a look at your router setup and copy the IRLP UDP forwarding
        > > except change the port numbers to those used by EchoLink (5198 &
        5199).

        > > Ed Yoho
        > > W6YJ
        > >
        > NO Ed, the ports ARE forwarded in the router, and I just double
        > checked and confirmed it again. It sounded like ports to me too but I
        > had forwarded 5198-5199 UDP to the node box
        >
        > Thanks, ALOHA

        I HAVE RESOLVED THE PROBLEM, THANKS TO ED, W6YJ
        I had saved the original files before I did any editing and this
        morning oopied them back to the node box and then edited them line by
        line with putty, did the flashsync and rcirlp and now audio is passing
        with no problem, MARK THIS PROBLEM SOLVED, Thanks and ALOHA