Re: EchoLink Problem here

  • kokohead2001
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 17, 2008
      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Ed Yoho <w6yj_yahoo@...> wrote:

      > kokohead2001 wrote:
      > > Can anyone help me with this one. Ive got Echolink enabled with the
      > > embedded node. I can connect to any Echolink node with star and
      > > node number. and disconnect with 73. I connect to the echolink test
      > > server and it onnects and I transmit audio but nothing comes back. I
      > > can connect to an echolink node and it connects, they dont hear me and
      > > I dont hear them. Ive dont the irlp troubleshoot script, it is all
      > > OK, EXCEPT; it tells me there is corruption in the environmen
      > > file,and its saying the problem exists at or near the folg lines
      > >
      > > ./home/irlp/features/features.env
      > >
      > > and below that
      > >
      > > if ["$USE_ECHOIRLP" = YES] ; then
      > > .$HOME/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
      > > fi
      > >
      > > Please check troubleshooting docs to resolve this problem.
      > >
      > > ==================
      > > But I cant find those docs so my problem remains 'unresolved' Can
      > > anyone give me any advise?
      > >
      > > ALOHA de Gary, working on Node 3212
      > >

      > My guess would be UDP ports 5198 & 5199 are not forwarded to your
      node's
      > IP. Take a look at your router setup and copy the IRLP UDP forwarding
      > except change the port numbers to those used by EchoLink (5198 & 5199).
      >
      > Ed Yoho
      > W6YJ

      NO Ed, the ports ARE forwarded in the router, and I just double
      checked and confirmed it again. It sounded like ports to me too but I
      had forwarded 5198-5199 UDP to the node box

      Thanks, ALOHA
    • Ed Yoho
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008

        > NO Ed, the ports ARE forwarded in the router, and I just double
        > checked and confirmed it again. It sounded like ports to me too but I
        > had forwarded 5198-5199 UDP to the node box
        >
        > Thanks, ALOHA

        The two environment error messages you got from the troubleshoot-irlp
        script are not really problems (just lines not in a 'stock' IRLP node
        environment file).

        It does appear the ports are correct. I was able to connect _once_ and
        it did not time out as it would if the ports are not open of if TBD is
        not running.

        A possible hint is the node is not showing on the EchoLink status page.
        After noticing that, I tried to re-connect and the connection timed out.

        Ed Yoho
        W6YJ
      • kokohead2001
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 18, 2008
          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "kokohead2001" <kh6gmp@...> wrote:

          > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, Ed Yoho <w6yj_yahoo@> wrote:
          > >
          > > kokohead2001 wrote:
          > > > Can anyone help me with this one. Ive got Echolink enabled
          with the
          > > > embedded node. I can connect to any Echolink node with star and
          > > > node number. and disconnect with 73. I connect to the echolink
          test
          > > > server and it onnects and I transmit audio but nothing comes
          back. I
          > > > can connect to an echolink node and it connects, they dont hear
          me and
          > > > I dont hear them. Ive dont the irlp troubleshoot script, it
          is all
          > > > OK, EXCEPT; it tells me there is corruption in the environmen
          > > > file,and its saying the problem exists at or near the folg lines
          > > >
          > > > ./home/irlp/features/features.env
          > > >
          > > > and below that
          > > >
          > > > if ["$USE_ECHOIRLP" = YES] ; then
          > > > .$HOME/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
          > > > fi
          > > >
          > > > Please check troubleshooting docs to resolve this problem.
          > > >
          > > > ==================
          > > > But I cant find those docs so my problem remains 'unresolved' Can
          > > > anyone give me any advise?
          > > >
          > > > ALOHA de Gary, working on Node 3212
          > > >

          > > My guess would be UDP ports 5198 & 5199 are not forwarded to your
          > node's
          > > IP. Take a look at your router setup and copy the IRLP UDP forwarding
          > > except change the port numbers to those used by EchoLink (5198 &
          5199).

          > > Ed Yoho
          > > W6YJ
          > >
          > NO Ed, the ports ARE forwarded in the router, and I just double
          > checked and confirmed it again. It sounded like ports to me too but I
          > had forwarded 5198-5199 UDP to the node box
          >
          > Thanks, ALOHA

          I HAVE RESOLVED THE PROBLEM, THANKS TO ED, W6YJ
          I had saved the original files before I did any editing and this
          morning oopied them back to the node box and then edited them line by
          line with putty, did the flashsync and rcirlp and now audio is passing
          with no problem, MARK THIS PROBLEM SOLVED, Thanks and ALOHA