Re: [SPAM]Re: [SPAM]Re: [SPAM][irlp-embedded] Re: CW id after node idle

  • JIM and LYN HALL
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
      Great, much more than I hoped for. I thought what I wanted was pretty much standard repeater ID'ing not having a repeater and just having the node. No rush, but it seems this would be useful to all nodes (luv to keep the FCC happy :).  Jim WH7CD node 3024 Bethel Island, Ca.

      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
        On Jul 9, 2008, at 8:47 AM, David McAnally wrote:

        > Doesn't the ID script from http://irlp.kc6hur.net/irlp_scripts.php
        > already do this?

        Yup, and more. It tries to be as unobtrusive as possible but keep
        things completely legal. It has a undocumented feature that when an
        IRLP call is finished, you can set a flag in the custom_off script
        that will cause the ID to play when the call has ended rather than
        wait for a a seemingly ambiguous ID when the 10 minute timer kicks it
        off. It will attempt to ID at the start of a call but only if it has
        been more than 10 minutes since the last ID. If the node stays busy
        after connecting, it will wait for a 3 second break in talking before
        trying to ID or the 10 minute timer expires causing a forced ID,
        whichever happens first.
        > --
        > Regards,
        > David McAnally, WD5M
        >
        > On 7/9/08, David Cameron (IRLP) <dcameron@...> wrote:So in this
        > case, I would be looking for PTT activity from the node, and
        > then set a number of timers. So the first time it transmits, ID,
        > then ID
        > every 10 minutes after that, until there is 10 minutes of no PTT
        > activity, then go quiet, until the next PTT.....
        >
        > So for this, I would turn off the morseID system that IDs the node
        > currently, and build one from scratch.
        >
        > I don't want to crowd the list with it, but I will do some work and
        > post
        > the script once I complete it. I will not be able to do it today, as I
        > have no way to test it.

        Randy Hammock KC6HUR
        http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/
        http://irlp.kc6hur.net/
        If there are no horses in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
        they went.
      • Steven Passmore
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
          I haven't looked at it in about a year but I don't think it does. It
          only monitors the node PTT activity which works fine for a simplex node.
          But if you are trying to ID a repeater it needs to monitor COS as well
          since local users can activate the TX thereby requiring it to ID.

          David McAnally wrote:
          > Doesn't the ID script from http://irlp.kc6hur.net/irlp_scripts.php
          > already do this?
          >
          > --
          > Regards,
          > David McAnally, WD5M

        • JIM and LYN HALL
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 25, 2008
            Dave, when I tried the below instuctions, at 3) we connect, awaiting response, but then an error 404 Not Found comes up. Did I wait too long to run this?  I was out of town and could not get to this update until today.  Jim node 3024 WH7CD

            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 21, 2009
              I tired to download this script and also received the same
              error...(file not found). Is this no longer available?

              regards

              kb0jwr
              node 3833

              --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "JIM and LYN HALL"