Re: [SPAM]Re: [SPAM][irlp-embedded] Re: CW id after node idle

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
      So in this case, I would be looking for PTT activity from the node, and
      then set a number of timers. So the first time it transmits, ID, then ID
      every 10 minutes after that, until there is 10 minutes of no PTT
      activity, then go quiet, until the next PTT.....

      So for this, I would turn off the morseID system that IDs the node
      currently, and build one from scratch.

      I don't want to crowd the list with it, but I will do some work and post
      the script once I complete it. I will not be able to do it today, as I
      have no way to test it.

      Dave Cameron

      JIM and LYN HALL wrote:

      > OK, maybe we should work off line, but I would ideally like the IDer to
      > announce when the node connects, disconnects, when a query illicits a
      > response for the node (ie a *69 cmd is recv'd) and every 10 minutes
      > while the node is connected. I have been reluctant to modify the
      > embedded system because it has been working so flawlessly (thanks Dave).
      > I have programmed Fortran, Basic and some others ( I know that is like
      > saying I had experience with spark-gap xmtr's so I should be able to
      > work on IC's). Have played a little with the modification of Linux
      > script, but would be happier with alot of step by step instruction
      > in such a script writing and impementing process. Thanks 73 Jim WH7CD
      > node 3024 Bethel Island, Ca.

    • David McAnally
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
        Doesn't the ID script from http://irlp.kc6hur.net/irlp_scripts.php already do this?

        --
        Regards,
        David McAnally, WD5M

        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
          Likely. But there always seems to be a special application.

          Either way, I have made a script especially for this application, and
          posted it to the irlp ftp site. I have heavily commented it, almost so
          much that it is hard to read the actual commands.

          Here is how you would get it onto your embedded node:

          1) Log in as repeater (or root and su - repeater)
          2) cd /home/irlp/custom
          3) wget ftp.irlp.net/pub/interval_id
          4) chmod +x interval_id

          Now try to run it from the command line in debug mode (so you can see
          what it is doing)

          /home/irlp/custom/interval_id debug

          I would suggest setting the interval inside the script to something less
          that 600 seconds, or you will be waiting for a while....

          Then, once you think it meets your needs, you can add it to the startup
          script, by adding the following lines to the bottom of the
          /home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp file: (this will need to be done as root)

          killall interval_ID >dev/null 2>&1
          /home/irlp/custom/interval_ID >/dev/null 2>&1 &

          You will also want to turn off the current morse_id system, by changing
          the /home/irlp/features/features.env file, and setting the value to NO.
          Otherwise, the IDs will battle each other.

          export USE_MORSEID=NO

          And finally, once you have set everything the way you want it, I would
          run the flash_sync script and reboot the node.

          Dave Cameron

          David McAnally wrote:

          > Doesn't the ID script from http://irlp. kc6hur.net/ irlp_scripts. php
          > <http://irlp.kc6hur.net/irlp_scripts.php> already do this?
          >
          > --
          > Regards,
          > David McAnally, WD5M
          >
          > On 7/9/08, *David Cameron (IRLP)* <dcameron@irlp. net
          > <mailto:dcameron@...>> wrote:
          >
          > So in this case, I would be looking for PTT activity from the node, and
          > then set a number of timers. So the first time it transmits, ID, then ID
          > every 10 minutes after that, until there is 10 minutes of no PTT
          > activity, then go quiet, until the next PTT.....
          >
          > So for this, I would turn off the morseID system that IDs the node
          > currently, and build one from scratch.
          >
          > I don't want to crowd the list with it, but I will do some work and post
          > the script once I complete it. I will not be able to do it today, as I
          > have no way to test it.
          >

          > Dave Cameron

        • JIM and LYN HALL
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
            Great, much more than I hoped for. I thought what I wanted was pretty much standard repeater ID'ing not having a repeater and just having the node. No rush, but it seems this would be useful to all nodes (luv to keep the FCC happy :).  Jim WH7CD node 3024 Bethel Island, Ca.

            JIM and LYN HALL wrote:

            > OK, maybe we should work off line, but I would ideally like the IDer to
            > announce when the node connects, disconnects, when a query illicits a
            > response for the node (ie a *69 cmd is recv'd) and every 10 minutes
            > while the node is connected. I have been reluctant to modify the
            > embedded system because it has been working so flawlessly (thanks Dave).
            > I have programmed Fortran, Basic and some others ( I know that is like
            > saying I had experience with spark-gap xmtr's so I should be able to
            > work on IC's). Have played a little with the modification of Linux
            > script, but would be happier with alot of step by step instruction
            > in such a script writing and impementing process. Thanks 73 Jim WH7CD
            > node 3024 Bethel Island, Ca.

          • Randy Hammock
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
              On Jul 9, 2008, at 8:47 AM, David McAnally wrote:

              > Doesn't the ID script from http://irlp.kc6hur.net/irlp_scripts.php
              > already do this?

              Yup, and more. It tries to be as unobtrusive as possible but keep
              things completely legal. It has a undocumented feature that when an
              IRLP call is finished, you can set a flag in the custom_off script
              that will cause the ID to play when the call has ended rather than
              wait for a a seemingly ambiguous ID when the 10 minute timer kicks it
              off. It will attempt to ID at the start of a call but only if it has
              been more than 10 minutes since the last ID. If the node stays busy
              after connecting, it will wait for a 3 second break in talking before
              trying to ID or the 10 minute timer expires causing a forced ID,
              whichever happens first.
              > --
              > Regards,
              > David McAnally, WD5M
              >
              > On 7/9/08, David Cameron (IRLP) <dcameron@...> wrote:So in this
              > case, I would be looking for PTT activity from the node, and
              > then set a number of timers. So the first time it transmits, ID,
              > then ID
              > every 10 minutes after that, until there is 10 minutes of no PTT
              > activity, then go quiet, until the next PTT.....
              >
              > So for this, I would turn off the morseID system that IDs the node
              > currently, and build one from scratch.
              >
              > I don't want to crowd the list with it, but I will do some work and
              > post
              > the script once I complete it. I will not be able to do it today, as I
              > have no way to test it.

              Randy Hammock KC6HUR
              http://kc6hur.net/~rhammock/
              http://irlp.kc6hur.net/
              If there are no horses in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where
              they went.
            • Steven Passmore
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 9, 2008
                I haven't looked at it in about a year but I don't think it does. It
                only monitors the node PTT activity which works fine for a simplex node.
                But if you are trying to ID a repeater it needs to monitor COS as well
                since local users can activate the TX thereby requiring it to ID.

                David McAnally wrote:
                > Doesn't the ID script from http://irlp.kc6hur.net/irlp_scripts.php
                > already do this?
                >
                > --
                > Regards,
                > David McAnally, WD5M

              • JIM and LYN HALL
                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 25, 2008
                  Dave, when I tried the below instuctions, at 3) we connect, awaiting response, but then an error 404 Not Found comes up. Did I wait too long to run this?  I was out of town and could not get to this update until today.  Jim node 3024 WH7CD

                  David McAnally wrote:

                  > Doesn't the ID script from http://irlp. kc6hur.net/ irlp_scripts. php
                  > <http://irlp. kc6hur.net/ irlp_scripts. php> already do this?
                  >
                  > --
                  > Regards,
                  > David McAnally, WD5M
                  >
                  > On 7/9/08, *David Cameron (IRLP)* <dcameron@irlp. net
                  > <mailto:dcameron@irlp. net>> wrote:
                  >
                  > So in this case, I would be looking for PTT activity from the node, and
                  > then set a number of timers. So the first time it transmits, ID, then ID
                  > every 10 minutes after that, until there is 10 minutes of no PTT
                  > activity, then go quiet, until the next PTT.....
                  >
                  > So for this, I would turn off the morseID system that IDs the node
                  > currently, and build one from scratch.
                  >
                  > I don't want to crowd the list with it, but I will do some work and post
                  > the script once I complete it. I will not be able to do it today, as I
                  > have no way to test it.
                  >

                  > Dave Cameron

                • Matthew Sybrant
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 21, 2009
                    I tired to download this script and also received the same
                    error...(file not found). Is this no longer available?

                    regards

                    kb0jwr
                    node 3833

                    --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "JIM and LYN HALL"