Re: ***SPAM*** [irlp-embedded] Noise on start up

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2008
      Where are you hearing this sound from? You mention a speaker?

      What case does your embedded node use?

      To me it sounds like the fan may need cleaning.

      Dave Cameron

      nospamk7iou wrote:

      > Noticed today after re-starting my node its makes a strange noise on
      > start up. Has anyone else experenced this? The only way I can describe
      > it is a machine gun sound through an audio speaker.
      > Thanks,
      > Dave k7iou #3033
    • David k7iou
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 26, 2008
        I didn't realize there were different chassis designs. It looks exactly like the pictures on the embedded node web page.
        I have a new fan but haven't installed it yet. I may be wrong but I don't believe its the fan causing the noise.
        Thanks,
        Dave k7iou # 3033

        nospamk7iou wrote:

        > Noticed today after re-starting my node its makes a strange noise on
        > start up. Has anyone else experenced this? The only way I can describe
        > it is a machine gun sound through an audio speaker.
        > Thanks,
        > Dave k7iou #3033

        Checked by AVG.
      • David k7iou
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2008
          Dave I took the top off the case to change the fan and I found the problem. Seems when it was assembled the ribbon cable to the serial / radio control cable got pinched between the case and the lid damaging the insulation on one lead. So I think this was the noise I was hearing on boot. Lee wb9tpd whom I purchased it from said he never had it apart and I never did either. I used some hot melt glue to insulate the bare wire. I replaced the fan and now it sounds like a mini jet turbine. It has been finicky with dtmf since direct wire up to a RLS1000B. Other than that its back on line.
          Thanks,
          Dave k7iou #3033

          nospamk7iou wrote:

          > Noticed today after re-starting my node its makes a strange noise on
          > start up. Has anyone else experenced this? The only way I can describe
          > it is a machine gun sound through an audio speaker.
          > Thanks,
          > Dave k7iou #3033

          Checked by AVG.