Re: Some changes to the Embedded IRLP systems

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 13 9:10 AM
      The problems I have with your requests are:

      1) I am not a web programmer. I built the framework required to add
      to the web interface, but have not done so myself. If some people
      want to help build a nice framed control page for the embedded nodes,
      I will build the backend to make sure it works. This could include
      features like initial setup, passwords, logfile viewing, etc. It will
      continue to run using PHP.

      The node control interface used by the micronode is a proprieatary
      piece, and it can not be implemented on the embedded node without
      permission. Also perl and other plug ins are required to run that
      interface, which are not part of the OS on the embedded nodes.

      Options can be added as a default set, and then turned off/on as
      required. Most scripts are easy add-ons in the shell, but adding them
      from the web interface is risky.

      2) I can send you a rack case and a list of directions if you supply
      me with the exact parts you have in your node currently. The problem
      I may have is that the rack cases I have are all matched for the
      latest embedded node boards, and I may not have the proper IO panels
      to make it work.

      3) Can you explain this more? I may be able to make a system wherby
      you send me the text, and I send back the MP3 within seconds, using
      cepstral or one of the other text-to-speech engines. That way the
      node does not need the storage (or should have lots of room).

      Thanks

      Dave Cameron

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Mullarkey" <k7pfj@...>

      embedded@yahoogroups.com]