Re: [irlp-embedded] is there a second serial port on the embedded node?

    Message 1 of 11 , May 18, 2008
      Com2 I think, it can be set in the BIOS. There is a 10 pin header on the
      motherboard as a second serial port.

      Dave

      Craig wrote:

      > > Is the keyboard and VGA monitor considered
      > > to be "com1" by the linux operating system?
      > > If that's the case then is the serial port "com2"??
      > >

      > I also noticed in the motherboard manufacturer' s info it says:
      >
      > "Back panel I/O - 1 serial port"
      >
      > "Onboard I/O connectors - one serial port connector
      > for a second com port"
      >
      > Does this mean there are two serial ports on the motherboard?
      >
      > And if so, does the second serial port need to have a driver loaded
      > or is it ready to go as com3?

    • Craig
      Message 2 of 11 , May 18, 2008
        David Cameron wrote:

        > Com2 I think, it can be set in the BIOS.
        > There is a 10 pin header on the
        > motherboard as a second serial port.

        Thanks Dave! I also just found the same info in users manual which can
        be downloaded from this link:

        http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/mainboards/downloads.jsp?
        motherboard_id=301
        Message 3 of 11 , May 18, 2008
          The newer embedded nodes are being shipped with a new motherboard that
          only have one serial port.

          Dave Cameron