Re: [irlp-embedded] DTMF

  • Chris Underwood
    Message 1 of 13 , May 15, 2008
      BCC'd Steve @ Link Communications

      Hello Everyone,

      Mike and I have been doing a BUNCH of testing and we have it narrowed down to this as our issue.  The first part of the digit that is being heard at the far end (here in Oregon) is screwing up the repeater controller because it hears it and hangs on to it.  So, if Mike enters 12345, because the "1" is shortly played, my controller hears 112345.  So, if there is a way to get the script for DTMFREGEN to do an unkey before it keys up again to do the DTMF regen that would work because an unkey will clear the buffer on the controller.  It sounds like it is supposed to do this but it is not.  When Mike in Colorado keys up and enters 12345, here in Oregon I hear 1....12345 with NO unkeys between the first blip of the digit and the string to be entered.

      Does this make sense?  Can the DTMF Regen script be modified to first UNKEY after DTMF is heard and then Re-key to generate the DTMF?  I would think for people like myself that have to use the IRLP machine on the repeater frequency pair would be having this issue and a simple unkey of the node before a re-key to generate the DTMF would fix it.  Unfortunately I know nothing about scripts or writing them.

      Please help....

      Thanks!

      Chris Underwood
      christopher.underwood@...
      (541) 510-9895 - Cell

      Message 2 of 13 , May 15, 2008
        YEA!!!!!!

        That did it Dave!  Now, there is an unkey before a re-key and now the DTMF is working GREAT!  Thank you so much for your attention to this.

        Chris Underwood
        christopher.underwood@...
        (541) 510-9895 - Cell
        A 2 second delay was added earlier today. Perform a update files or
        reset your nodes, and try the system again.