Re: [irlp-embedded] DTMF

  • Chris Underwood
    Message 1 of 13 , May 15, 2008
      BCC'd Steve @ Link Communications

      Hello Everyone,

      Mike and I have been doing a BUNCH of testing and we have it narrowed down to this as our issue.  The first part of the digit that is being heard at the far end (here in Oregon) is screwing up the repeater controller because it hears it and hangs on to it.  So, if Mike enters 12345, because the "1" is shortly played, my controller hears 112345.  So, if there is a way to get the script for DTMFREGEN to do an unkey before it keys up again to do the DTMF regen that would work because an unkey will clear the buffer on the controller.  It sounds like it is supposed to do this but it is not.  When Mike in Colorado keys up and enters 12345, here in Oregon I hear 1....12345 with NO unkeys between the first blip of the digit and the string to be entered.

      Does this make sense?  Can the DTMF Regen script be modified to first UNKEY after DTMF is heard and then Re-key to generate the DTMF?  I would think for people like myself that have to use the IRLP machine on the repeater frequency pair would be having this issue and a simple unkey of the node before a re-key to generate the DTMF would fix it.  Unfortunately I know nothing about scripts or writing them.

      Please help....

      Thanks!

      Chris Underwood
      christopher.underwood@...
      (541) 510-9895 - Cell

      Message 2 of 13 , May 15, 2008

        HI David,

        I just spoke with Chris K7UND in Oregon and he is resetting his node. I belive the problem is with his side since he can control my embedded node just fine but when I try to control his controller that is where things get dicey.

        Mike Mullarkey (K7PFJ)

        A 2 second delay was added earlier today. Perform a update files or
        reset your nodes, and try the system again.

        Chris Underwood wrote:

        > *BCC'd Steve @ Link Communications*
        >
        > Hello Everyone,
        >
        > Mike and I have been doing a BUNCH of testing and we have it narrowed
        > down to this as our issue. The first part of the digit that is being
        > heard at the far end (here in Oregon )
        is screwing up the repeater
        > controller because it hears it and hangs on to it. So, if Mike enters
        > 12345, because the "1" is shortly played, my controller hears
        112345.
        > So, if there is a way to get the script for DTMFREGEN to do an unkey
        > before it keys up again to do the DTMF regen that would work because an
        > unkey will clear the buffer on the controller. It sounds like it is
        > supposed to do this but it is not. When Mike in Colorado
        keys up and
        > enters 12345, here in Oregon
        I hear 1....12345 with NO unkeys between
        > the first blip of the digit and the string to be entered.
        >
        > Does this make sense? Can the DTMF Regen script be modified to first
        > UNKEY after DTMF is heard and then Re-key to generate the DTMF? I would
        > think for people like myself that have to use the IRLP machine on the
        > repeater frequency pair would be having this issue and a simple unkey of
        > the node before a re-key to generate the DTMF would fix it.
        > Unfortunately I know nothing about scripts or writing them.
        >
        > Please help....
        >
        > Thanks!
        >

        > Chris Underwood
        > christopher. underwood@ comcast.net
        > (541) 510-9895 - Cell
        >
        > * From: * irlp-embedded@ yahoogroups. com
        > <mailto:irlp-embedded@ yahoogroups. com>
        > On May 14, 2008, at 2:17 PM, David Cameron (IRLP) wrote:
        >
        > > Actually, there is (or should be) and unkey between the initial send
        > > and
        > > the regen. If not, you can always add delay into the dtmfregen
        script.

        > > Dave Cameron
        > > VE7LTD
        >
        > Hmm.... if it's there, I've never heard it, but I wasn't listening all
        > that closely either. :-)
        >
        > That would "fix" it, just fine. Cool.
        >
        > --
        > Nate Duehr, WY0X
        > nate@natetech. com <mailto:nate% 40natetech. com>

      • Chris Underwood
        Message 3 of 13 , May 15, 2008
          YEA!!!!!!

          That did it Dave!  Now, there is an unkey before a re-key and now the DTMF is working GREAT!  Thank you so much for your attention to this.

          Chris Underwood
          christopher.underwood@...
          (541) 510-9895 - Cell