Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: EchoIRLP

Expand Messages
  • donmor46
    Got it going Thanks Don ... VE7ED-R
    Message 1 of 20 , Sep 12, 2006
    • 0 Attachment
      Got it going
      Thanks
      Don


      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "donmor46" <donmor46@...> wrote:
      >
      >
      > If someone could give me a hand to set up the echolink portion of my
      > node I would be greatful. I can't seem to get it to call out nor can
      > anyone call into the node. It shows on echolink as being online as
      VE7ED-R
      >
      > Thanks
      > Don VE7EDA
      > Node 1946
      >
    • David Cameron - IRLP
      I sent a nice long reply to your email to the group about the files to configure/etc... But for some reason it did not some through. I think Yahoo and IRLP are
      Message 2 of 20 , Sep 12, 2006
      • 0 Attachment
        I sent a nice long reply to your email to the group about the files to
        configure/etc... But for some reason it did not some through.

        I think Yahoo and IRLP are having a fight right now... It appears that my
        mail server is blocking incoming email, and the outgoing stuff isnt making
        it either...

        Sorry if I missed any other questions.

        I am goign to strive to support the features of the embedded nodes as much
        as I can.

        Dave Cameron
        VE7LTD

        On Tue, 12
        Sep 2006, donmor46 wrote:

        >
        > Got it going
        > Thanks
        > Don
        >
        >
        > --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "donmor46" <donmor46@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>
        >> If someone could give me a hand to set up the echolink portion of my
        >> node I would be greatful. I can't seem to get it to call out nor can
        >> anyone call into the node. It shows on echolink as being online as
        > VE7ED-R
        >>
        >> Thanks
        >> Don VE7EDA
        >> Node 1946
        >>
        >
        >
        >
        >
        >
      • ve7ltd
        EchoIRLP is configured using four files: /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
        Message 3 of 20 , Sep 12, 2006
        • 0 Attachment
          EchoIRLP is configured using four files:

          /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf
          /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
          /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/userdata.txt

          and must be enabled in
          /home/irlp/features/features.env

          The echolink "prefix" in configured in
          /home/irlp/custom/custom_decode

          Hope that helps.

          Dave Cameron



          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "donmor46" <donmor46@...> wrote:
          >
          >
          > If someone could give me a hand to set up the echolink portion of my
          > node I would be greatful. I can't seem to get it to call out nor
          can
          > anyone call into the node. It shows on echolink as being online as
          VE7ED-R
          >
          > Thanks
          > Don VE7EDA
          > Node 1946
          >
        • Sjaak van Dam
          Hi List, I don t know if this belong here or on the EchoIRLP list. This list is my first try. I am in the process of configuring our embedded IRLP node (4999).
          Message 4 of 20 , Sep 19, 2006
          • 0 Attachment
            Hi List,

            I don't know if this belong here or on the EchoIRLP list. This list is
            my first try.

            I am in the process of configuring our embedded IRLP node (4999).
            I have never played with EchoIRLP.

            I just signed up and we were validated (within 4 hours!).
            Besideds the first time to set us up I have not run the EchoLink M$
            Windoze program.
            I edited the apropiate files and entered our info.

            When I try to connect to EchoLink node 273061 (and others) I hear the
            message "Connecting to PE1BUK repeater" immediately followed by "The
            node number you have dailed does not exist ...."
            What am I doing wrong?

            Thanks,

            Sjaak, W4RIS
          • David McAnally
            ... I m not familiar with Dave s embedded setup. But we always recommend you get EchoLink working with the intended callsign on Windows first. Be sure you
            Message 5 of 20 , Sep 20, 2006
            • 0 Attachment
              On 9/19/06, Sjaak van Dam <PA3GVR@...> wrote:
              > Hi List,
              >
              > I don't know if this belong here or on the EchoIRLP list. This list is
              > my first try.
              >
              > I am in the process of configuring our embedded IRLP node (4999).
              > I have never played with EchoIRLP.
              >
              > I just signed up and we were validated (within 4 hours!).
              > Besideds the first time to set us up I have not run the EchoLink M$
              > Windoze program.
              > I edited the apropiate files and entered our info.
              >
              > When I try to connect to EchoLink node 273061 (and others) I hear the
              > message "Connecting to PE1BUK repeater" immediately followed by "The
              > node number you have dailed does not exist ...."
              > What am I doing wrong?
              >

              I'm not familiar with Dave's embedded setup. But we always recommend
              you get EchoLink working with the intended callsign on Windows first.
              Be sure you enter the EchoLink password in uppercase letters in
              tbd.conf. EchoLink windows does the uppercase for you. TBD does not.
              The "node number does not exist" message is indicative of a mismatched
              password.

              --
              Regards,
              David McAnally, WD5M
            • Sjaak van Dam
              Thanks David, I entered the password in lowercase. Sjaak.
              Message 6 of 20 , Sep 20, 2006
              • 0 Attachment
                Thanks David,

                I entered the password in lowercase.

                Sjaak.

                > I'm not familiar with Dave's embedded setup. But we always recommend
                > you get EchoLink working with the intended callsign on Windows first.
                > Be sure you enter the EchoLink password in uppercase letters in
                > tbd.conf. EchoLink windows does the uppercase for you. TBD does not.
                > The "node number does not exist" message is indicative of a mismatched
                > password.
                >
                > --
                > Regards,
                > David McAnally, WD5M
              • Don Morehouse
                Should more than one Echolink station be able to hook to my EchoIRLP node? My setting is 5 but when the second Echolink tries to connect, it says the node is
                Message 7 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
                • 0 Attachment
                  Should more than one Echolink station be able to hook to my EchoIRLP
                  node? My setting is 5 but when the second Echolink tries to connect,
                  it says the node is busy. Being EchoIRLP, it may act this way, but if
                  not, then there must be something else to set that I'm missing.

                  Thanks
                  Don VE7EDA
                • David Cameron - IRLP
                  Hmmm, you should ask this question in the EchoIRLP group. They would be best to answer. Dave Cameron
                  Message 8 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
                  • 0 Attachment
                    Hmmm, you should ask this question in the EchoIRLP group. They would be
                    best to answer.

                    Dave Cameron

                    On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Don Morehouse wrote:

                    >
                    > Should more than one Echolink station be able to hook to my EchoIRLP
                    > node? My setting is 5 but when the second Echolink tries to connect,
                    > it says the node is busy. Being EchoIRLP, it may act this way, but if
                    > not, then there must be something else to set that I'm missing.
                    >
                    > Thanks
                    > Don VE7EDA
                    >
                    >
                    >
                  • James Nessen
                    Did you restart tbd after you made the change? Jim From: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com [mailto:irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Morehouse Sent:
                    Message 9 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
                    • 0 Attachment

                      Did you restart tbd after you made the change?

                       

                      Jim

                       

                      From: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com [mailto:irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Morehouse
                      Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 11:23 AM
                      To: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
                      Subject: [irlp-embedded] EchoIRLP

                       


                      Should more than one Echolink station be able to hook to my EchoIRLP
                      node? My setting is 5 but when the second Echolink tries to connect,
                      it says the node is busy. Being EchoIRLP, it may act this way, but if
                      not, then there must be something else to set that I'm missing.

                      Thanks
                      Don VE7EDA

                       

                      --
                      No virus found in this incoming message.
                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.15.20/588 - Release Date: 12/15/2006 10:02 AM


                      --
                      No virus found in this outgoing message.
                      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                      Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.15.20/588 - Release Date: 12/15/2006 10:02 AM

                    • David McAnally
                      ... This limit is determined by the MaxConferenceClients = setting in the file /home/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf . You must restart thebridge after making any
                      Message 10 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
                      • 0 Attachment
                        On 12/15/06, Don Morehouse <donmor46@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > Should more than one Echolink station be able to hook to my EchoIRLP
                        > node? My setting is 5 but when the second Echolink tries to connect,
                        > it says the node is busy. Being EchoIRLP, it may act this way, but if
                        > not, then there must be something else to set that I'm missing.

                        This limit is determined by the "MaxConferenceClients =" setting in
                        the file "/home/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf". You must restart thebridge
                        after making any changes to tbd.conf. Either restart IRLP via
                        rc.irlp, or as root, run "service tbd restart". You may also run
                        "service tbd stop", followed by "service tbd start".

                        --
                        Regards,
                        David McAnally, WD5M
                      • Don Morehouse
                        That is where I made the change from 1 to 5 MaxConferenceClients = 5 I did restart the node /home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp There are three other settings that I
                        Message 11 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
                        • 0 Attachment
                          That is where I made the change from 1 to 5
                          MaxConferenceClients = 5
                          I did restart the node "/home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp"
                          There are three other settings that I may play with.
                          UserCountEnable = 0
                          MaxCountEnable = 0
                          UserCountinLocation = 0
                          Not sure what they are for exactly.

                          Thanks all.

                          Don VE7EDA



                          --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "David McAnally"
                          <David.McAnally@...> wrote:
                          >
                          > On 12/15/06, Don Morehouse <donmor46@...> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > Should more than one Echolink station be able to hook to my EchoIRLP
                          > > node? My setting is 5 but when the second Echolink tries to connect,
                          > > it says the node is busy. Being EchoIRLP, it may act this way, but if
                          > > not, then there must be something else to set that I'm missing.
                          >
                          > This limit is determined by the "MaxConferenceClients =" setting in
                          > the file "/home/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf". You must restart thebridge
                          > after making any changes to tbd.conf. Either restart IRLP via
                          > rc.irlp, or as root, run "service tbd restart". You may also run
                          > "service tbd stop", followed by "service tbd start".
                          >
                          > --
                          > Regards,
                          > David McAnally, WD5M
                          >
                        • James Nessen
                          UserCountEnable will append the number of connected users to your location, for example, when I see my repeater in echolink, I see KD6HWC-R Dixon, CA [0] (or
                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
                          • 0 Attachment

                            UserCountEnable will append the number of connected users to your location, for example, when I see my repeater in echolink, I see

                             

                            KD6HWC-R   Dixon, CA [0] (or 1 if I have someone connected)

                             

                            MaxCountEnable will do the same as above, but add the value you have set in MaxConferenceClients, example:

                             

                            KD6HWC-R   Dixon, CA [0/5] (the left is the number of connected users and the right is the max number of users that can connect)

                             

                            UserCountInLocation will enable the counts above to be disaplayed.  (if this is set to 0 and the ones above are set to 1, they wont be displayed until this variable is set to 1)

                             

                            Hope that helps.

                             

                            Jim / KD6HWC

                            IRLP Node 3598

                            EchoIRLP Node 83598

                             

                            From: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com [mailto:irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Don Morehouse
                            Sent: Friday, December 15, 2006 1:30 PM
                            To: irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
                            Subject: [irlp-embedded] Re: EchoIRLP

                             



                            That is where I made the change from 1 to 5
                            MaxConferenceClients = 5
                            I did restart the node "/home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp"
                            There are three other settings that I may play with.
                            UserCountEnable = 0
                            MaxCountEnable = 0
                            UserCountinLocation = 0
                            Not sure what they are for exactly.

                            Thanks all.

                            Don VE7EDA

                            --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "David McAnally"
                            <David.McAnally@...> wrote:

                            >
                            > On 12/15/06, Don Morehouse <donmor46@...> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Should more than one Echolink station be able to hook to my EchoIRLP
                            > > node? My setting is 5 but when the second Echolink tries to connect,
                            > > it says the node is busy. Being EchoIRLP, it may act this way, but if
                            > > not, then there must be something else to set that I'm missing.
                            >
                            > This limit is determined by the "MaxConferenceClients =" setting
                            in
                            > the file "/home/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf". You must restart
                            thebridge
                            > after making any changes to tbd.conf. Either restart IRLP via
                            > rc.irlp, or as root, run "service tbd restart". You may also run
                            > "service tbd stop", followed by "service tbd start".
                            >
                            > --
                            > Regards,
                            > David McAnally, WD5M
                            >

                             

                            --
                            No virus found in this incoming message.
                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                            Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.15.20/588 - Release Date: 12/15/2006 10:02 AM


                            --
                            No virus found in this outgoing message.
                            Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                            Version: 7.5.432 / Virus Database: 268.15.20/588 - Release Date: 12/15/2006 10:02 AM

                          • David McAnally
                            ... The MaxConferenceClients must be at least 2. One for the EchoLink node, one for the IRLP node. The other settings determine conference node details
                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
                            • 0 Attachment
                              On 12/15/06, Don Morehouse <donmor46@...> wrote:
                              >
                              >
                              > That is where I made the change from 1 to 5
                              > MaxConferenceClients = 5
                              > I did restart the node "/home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp"
                              > There are three other settings that I may play with.
                              > UserCountEnable = 0
                              > MaxCountEnable = 0
                              > UserCountinLocation = 0
                              > Not sure what they are for exactly.

                              The MaxConferenceClients must be at least 2. One for the EchoLink
                              node, one for the IRLP node.

                              The other settings determine conference node details listed on the
                              EchoLink client and web site status pages.

                              I almost always use "service tbd stop", and "service tbd start" just
                              to be sure I see the service stop myself. I have seen instances where
                              "service tbd restart" was not sufficient. You can use pgrep -l tbd to
                              see if the service is still running after stopping it. I believe the
                              modified rc.irlp does a "service tbd restart", so maybe that is an
                              issue we need to resolve or ask Skip about.

                              --
                              Regards,
                              David McAnally, WD5M
                            • David Cameron - IRLP
                              Also, please do not forget to run the flash_sync script as root after you make any changes. This saves the changes to the flash drive. You should also always
                              Message 14 of 20 , Dec 15, 2006
                              • 0 Attachment
                                Also, please do not forget to run the flash_sync script as root after you
                                make any changes. This saves the changes to the flash drive.

                                You should also always try to power cycle the node after you do
                                configuration changes. You can safely pull the power from a node as long
                                as the flash_sync script is not running.

                                Dave Cameron

                                On Fri, 15 Dec
                                2006, David McAnally wrote:

                                > On 12/15/06, Don Morehouse <donmor46@...> wrote:
                                >>
                                >>
                                >> That is where I made the change from 1 to 5
                                >> MaxConferenceClients = 5
                                >> I did restart the node "/home/irlp/custom/rc.irlp"
                                >> There are three other settings that I may play with.
                                >> UserCountEnable = 0
                                >> MaxCountEnable = 0
                                >> UserCountinLocation = 0
                                >> Not sure what they are for exactly.
                                >
                                > The MaxConferenceClients must be at least 2. One for the EchoLink
                                > node, one for the IRLP node.
                                >
                                > The other settings determine conference node details listed on the
                                > EchoLink client and web site status pages.
                                >
                                > I almost always use "service tbd stop", and "service tbd start" just
                                > to be sure I see the service stop myself. I have seen instances where
                                > "service tbd restart" was not sufficient. You can use pgrep -l tbd to
                                > see if the service is still running after stopping it. I believe the
                                > modified rc.irlp does a "service tbd restart", so maybe that is an
                                > issue we need to resolve or ask Skip about.
                                >
                                >
                              • Craig
                                I want to disable Echolink on one of my nodes until further notice. I have searched the archives and found this post from Dave Cameron. It looks like I can
                                Message 15 of 20 , Oct 28, 2007
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  I want to disable Echolink on one of my nodes until further notice.
                                  I have searched the archives and found this post from Dave Cameron.
                                  It looks like I can disable the echolink portion of my embedded node
                                  by going into the "/home/irlp/features/features.env" file and
                                  changing:

                                  "export USE_ECHOIRLP=YES"

                                  to

                                  "export USE_ECHOIRLP=NO"

                                  and then flash_sync from root and then reboot

                                  Can any of you confirm that this is all I need to do to disable
                                  echolink?


                                  --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:
                                  >
                                  > EchoIRLP is configured using four files:
                                  >
                                  > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf
                                  > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
                                  > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/userdata.txt
                                  >
                                  > and must be enabled in
                                  > /home/irlp/features/features.env
                                  >
                                  > The echolink "prefix" in configured in
                                  > /home/irlp/custom/custom_decode
                                  >
                                  > Hope that helps.
                                  >
                                  > Dave Cameron
                                • dcameron@irlp.net
                                  That s all. It was designed to be that easy. Dave ... David Cameron - VE7LTD IRLP System Designer - http://www.irlp.net ... From: Craig
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Oct 28, 2007
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    That's all. It was designed to be that easy.

                                    Dave
                                    --------------------------------------------------------
                                    David Cameron - VE7LTD
                                    IRLP System Designer - http://www.irlp.net

                                    -----Original Message-----
                                    From: "Craig" <wd5bdx@...>

                                    Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:22:58
                                    To:irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
                                    Subject: [irlp-embedded] How to disable EchoIRLP


                                    I want to disable Echolink on one of my nodes until further notice.
                                    I have searched the archives and found this post from Dave Cameron.
                                    It looks like I can disable the echolink portion of my embedded node
                                    by going into the "/home/irlp/features/features.env" file and
                                    changing:

                                    "export USE_ECHOIRLP=YES"

                                    to

                                    "export USE_ECHOIRLP=NO"

                                    and then flash_sync from root and then reboot

                                    Can any of you confirm that this is all I need to do to disable
                                    echolink?

                                    --- In irlp-embedded@ <mailto:irlp-embedded%40yahoogroups.com> yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    > EchoIRLP is configured using four files:
                                    >
                                    > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/tbd.conf
                                    > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/echo_environment
                                    > /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/userdata.txt
                                    >
                                    > and must be enabled in
                                    > /home/irlp/features/features.env
                                    >
                                    > The echolink "prefix" in configured in
                                    > /home/irlp/custom/custom_decode
                                    >
                                    > Hope that helps.
                                    >
                                    > Dave Cameron
                                  • Keith VE7GDH
                                    It was mentioned over on the regular IRLP list... ... If someone were to try EchoIRLP on an embedded node, is disabling it (going back to IRLP only) as simple
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      It was mentioned over on the regular IRLP list...

                                      > ...my embedded node will do both IRLP (preferred) and Echo link.

                                      If someone were to try EchoIRLP on an embedded node, is disabling it
                                      (going back to IRLP only) as simple as editing features/features.env to
                                      change $USE_ECHOIRLP from YES back to NO again? Also, does it "just
                                      work" by enabling it, or is EchoLink registration needed ahead of time?

                                      I take it that the EchoLink and IRLP side of things are kept separate...
                                      i.e. no inter-connection?

                                      Keith VE7GDH
                                      Node 1148
                                    • David Cameron (IRLP)
                                      You have to configure the EchoIRLP portion, in that you require a -R (repeater) or -L (link) Echolink account. All of the information required to configure
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
                                      • 0 Attachment
                                        You have to configure the EchoIRLP portion, in that you require a -R
                                        (repeater) or -L (link) Echolink account. All of the information
                                        required to configure your EchoIRLP portion of the node is located in
                                        the embedded info document that is available on the Embedded ordering page.

                                        It is as easy as changing the features file to YES, configuring the
                                        tbd.conf/userdata.txt/echo_environment files, flash_sync, reboot.

                                        Turning it off is as easy as changing the features.env, syncing, and
                                        rebooting.

                                        The new filesystem that I will make available in a few days is the same,
                                        except you don't have to flash_sync :)

                                        Dave Cameron

                                        Keith VE7GDH wrote:
                                        >
                                        >
                                        > It was mentioned over on the regular IRLP list...
                                        >
                                        > > ...my embedded node will do both IRLP (preferred) and Echo link.
                                        >
                                        > If someone were to try EchoIRLP on an embedded node, is disabling it
                                        > (going back to IRLP only) as simple as editing features/features.env to
                                        > change $USE_ECHOIRLP from YES back to NO again? Also, does it "just
                                        > work" by enabling it, or is EchoLink registration needed ahead of time?
                                        >
                                        > I take it that the EchoLink and IRLP side of things are kept separate...
                                        > i.e. no inter-connection?
                                        >
                                        > Keith VE7GDH
                                        > Node 1148
                                        >
                                        >
                                      • Keith VE7GDH
                                        Dave VE7LTD wrote... ... Thanks for the info. Put me down for a files system upgrade when available! Keith VE7GDH Node 1148
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Oct 13, 2009
                                        • 0 Attachment
                                          Dave VE7LTD wrote...

                                          > Turning it off is as easy as changing the features.env, syncing,
                                          > and rebooting. The new filesystem that I will make available
                                          > in a few days is the same, except you don't have to flash_sync :)

                                          Thanks for the info. Put me down for a files system upgrade
                                          when available!

                                          Keith VE7GDH
                                          Node 1148
                                        Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.