Re: [irlp-embedded] UNDERSTANDING CALL WAITING

  • dcameron@irlp.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2008

      -----Original Message-----
      From: "James Hall" <thecoldduck@...>

      Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:01:41
      To:irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [irlp-embedded] UNDERSTANDING CALL WAITING

      I am trying to understand the capabilities of Call Waiting. We wanted
      our Link node 3024 to accept calls when local activity is on the freq,
      because almost all calls coming in are friends and will join the QSO.
      So we set REPORTBUSY=NO. I have been trying to search all posts with
      call waiting in them and found one on Jun 14,2005 (in the IRLP group)
      that states:

      "Of course you can do what Dave G. mentioned, disable Call_Waiting,
      then the remote node will just butt in during local activity."

      This is what I thought we accomplished with the REPORTBUSY=NO cmd. I
      had tested and the conection was made with local COS high due to local
      activity (Call_Waiting=Yes). I thought that Call_Waiting made the
      announcement that when the node is currently connected to another node
      and another incoming call is made, the "currently connected to node
      xxxx" is made. Does Call_Waiting do anything other than this
      announcement(and the local announcement "call from node xxxx")? Do I
      need to disable Call_Waiting also to allow incoming calls to connect
      with local activity? If Call_Waiting does more, I would love to know
      what happens when it is off and on. Jim Hall WH7CD node 3024