Re: [irlp-embedded] puTTY ACCESS TO OUR NODE

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2008
      I can login fine remotely into your node. You have to remember to set
      the port to 15426 (from the default 22) in putty to login to an embedded
      IRLP node.

      Also, you have to set the hostname to the outside IP address:
      hostname: stn3024.ip.irlp.net
      port: 15426

      James Hall wrote:

      > Our embedded node 3024 is up and operating fine. I am able to bring up
      > puTTY and access the node, but only on a computer connected thru the
      > same router as the embedded cpu. If I try to connect with puTTY or
      > winSCP on a remote computer I get an internet connect error. I would
      > like to connect with puTTY at my home QTH (embedded is about 15 miles
      > away)to modify aumix or wave scripts. Is there something else I need to
      > do to make this kind of connection or am I just outta luck? Jim Hall
      > WH7CD node 3024

    • JIM and LYN HALL
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2008
        OK, we had 15426, but I was using the ip off the router.  Didn't know about the hostname.  Thanks.  Jim

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20, 2008
          The IP off the router will only work inside the network.

          Dave Cameron