Echolink problem

  • Greg Peralta
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 15, 2008
      Hi Dave:  My embedded system is working great, however when I used echolink from my PC to connect to my node I get a "connected to VE...." message, I can't remember the call.  How do I change this to reflect my repeater call sign?  Thanks

      Greg

      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 15, 2008
        The problem is that when configuring your node, I forgot to change some
        of your settings to not be the ones I use to test with :)

        You will have to edit the following files, and make sure they contain
        your information:

        /home/irlp/features/EchoIRLP/custom/

        tbd.conf
        userdata.txt
        echo_environment

        The info that is likely causing the problem is the "Banner" and/or
        "ConferenceID" info in the tbd.conf file. It is located about half way
        down the file. This may be a common problem on a lot of embedded nodes
        that have EchoIRLP installed. I missed the specific entries when your
        node was configured.

        Once you have it set right, the easiest way to get it running is to run
        a flash_sync to save the changes, and reboot the node.

        Dave Cameron