Custom WAV files stnxxxxon.wav

  • garyp609
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 12, 2008
      I have an embedded node and would like to know if there is a way to download custom wav
      files for specific reflectors to play on my system. I know that I have to put them in the audio
      directory manually but does anyone know how to get the wav files?? Thanks!!
      73's
      Gary
      K2ACY
      Node 4888 - 4883
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 13, 2008
        I have posted the audio files on the irlp.net website.

        It is a live system, so changes are instant.

        Here is how you get them onto your embedded node.

        su - repeater
        cd /home/irlp/audio/
        wget http://www.irlp.net/wavs/ref9453on.wav
        wget http://www.irlp.net/wavs/ref9453off.wav

        etc etc...

        Then, as root, you have to run the flash_sync script to save them to
        your drive.

        Dave

        garyp609 wrote:
        > I have an embedded node and would like to know if there is a way to download custom wav
        > files for specific reflectors to play on my system. I know that I have to put them in the audio
        > directory manually but does anyone know how to get the wav files?? Thanks!!
        > 73's
        > Gary
        > K2ACY
        > Node 4888 - 4883

      • Rich Sytsma
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
          I down loaded a couple files what has to be done to get them to play?

          Rich Sytsma
          N9GPY
          node 4960 4961

          David Cameron (IRLP) wrote:
          > I have posted the audio files on the irlp.net website.
          >
          > It is a live system, so changes are instant.
          >
          > Here is how you get them onto your embedded node.
          >
          > su - repeater
          > cd /home/irlp/audio/
          > wget http://www.irlp.net/wavs/ref9453on.wav
          > wget http://www.irlp.net/wavs/ref9453off.wav
          >
          > etc etc...
          >
          > Then, as root, you have to run the flash_sync script to save them to
          > your drive.
          >
          > Dave
          >
          > garyp609 wrote:
          >
          >> I have an embedded node and would like to know if there is a way to download custom wav
          >> files for specific reflectors to play on my system. I know that I have to put them in the audio
          >> directory manually but does anyone know how to get the wav files?? Thanks!!
          >> 73's
          >> Gary
          >> K2ACY
          >> Node 4888 - 4883
          >>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Don
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
            Rich.
            Connect to the stn or ref that you downloaded the wav file for and it
            will play if in the correct folder

            Don VE7EDA
            Node 1811