Re: [irlp-embedded] Ctcss tone for link radio

  • Ken Arck
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
      >>vk4mih wrote:
      >> > Can anyone tell me if there using a RC210 repeater controller with IRLP
      >> > link radio and if this controller will encode ctcss to open the link
      >> > radio on the IRLP net work The link radio is a Motorola GM339

      <----The RC210 does not have its own on-board CTCSS encoder (or
      decoder for that matter). Our RC810 does however.

      That being said.....the RC210 *does* provide a logic output that is
      normally used to controller an external encoder. In many cases, if
      your radio has an internal encoder it is usually a simple matter of
      making a simple mod to allow the '210 to control encoded tone.

      I'm not overly familiar with the GM339 - is it possible to program it
      to allow and external signal to enable or disable encoded tone? If
      so, this may be the simplest way to accomplish your task.

      Ken
      President and CTO - Arcom Communications
      Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
      http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
      Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
      we offer complete repeater packages!
      AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
      http://www.irlp.net
      "We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"