Re: [irlp-embedded] Ctcss tone for link radio

  • James Nessen
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
      There is also a yahoo group setup for the rc210 controller, you might want to ask over there:

      Jim / K6JWN

      On Jan 11, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Nate Duehr wrote:

      vk4mih wrote:
      > Can anyone tell me if there using a RC210 repeater controller with IRLP
      > link radio and if this controller will encode ctcss to open the link
      > radio on the IRLP net work The link radio is a Motorola GM339

      Have you talked to Ken Arck at Arcom?

      I know he himself (the designer and seller of the controller) runs a few
      IRLP nodes, so I'd think he would be able to help you through the
      configuration he recommends, pretty easily.

      Nate WY0X

    • Ken Arck
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
        >>vk4mih wrote:
        >> > Can anyone tell me if there using a RC210 repeater controller with IRLP
        >> > link radio and if this controller will encode ctcss to open the link
        >> > radio on the IRLP net work The link radio is a Motorola GM339

        <----The RC210 does not have its own on-board CTCSS encoder (or
        decoder for that matter). Our RC810 does however.

        That being said.....the RC210 *does* provide a logic output that is
        normally used to controller an external encoder. In many cases, if
        your radio has an internal encoder it is usually a simple matter of
        making a simple mod to allow the '210 to control encoded tone.

        I'm not overly familiar with the GM339 - is it possible to program it
        to allow and external signal to enable or disable encoded tone? If
        so, this may be the simplest way to accomplish your task.

        Ken
        President and CTO - Arcom Communications
        Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
        http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
        Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
        we offer complete repeater packages!
        AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
        http://www.irlp.net
        "We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"