Ctcss tone for link radio

  • vk4mih
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 10, 2008
      Can anyone tell me if there using a RC210 repeater controller with IRLP
      link radio and if this controller will encode ctcss to open the link
      radio on the IRLP net work The link radio is a Motorola GM339
    • Nate Duehr
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
        vk4mih wrote:
        > Can anyone tell me if there using a RC210 repeater controller with IRLP
        > link radio and if this controller will encode ctcss to open the link
        > radio on the IRLP net work The link radio is a Motorola GM339

        Have you talked to Ken Arck at Arcom?

        I know he himself (the designer and seller of the controller) runs a few
        IRLP nodes, so I'd think he would be able to help you through the
        configuration he recommends, pretty easily.

        Nate WY0X
      • James Nessen
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
          There is also a yahoo group setup for the rc210 controller, you might want to ask over there:

          Jim / K6JWN

          On Jan 11, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Nate Duehr wrote:

          vk4mih wrote:
          > Can anyone tell me if there using a RC210 repeater controller with IRLP
          > link radio and if this controller will encode ctcss to open the link
          > radio on the IRLP net work The link radio is a Motorola GM339

          Have you talked to Ken Arck at Arcom?

          I know he himself (the designer and seller of the controller) runs a few
          IRLP nodes, so I'd think he would be able to help you through the
          configuration he recommends, pretty easily.

          Nate WY0X

        • Ken Arck
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 11, 2008
            >>vk4mih wrote:
            >> > Can anyone tell me if there using a RC210 repeater controller with IRLP
            >> > link radio and if this controller will encode ctcss to open the link
            >> > radio on the IRLP net work The link radio is a Motorola GM339

            <----The RC210 does not have its own on-board CTCSS encoder (or
            decoder for that matter). Our RC810 does however.

            That being said.....the RC210 *does* provide a logic output that is
            normally used to controller an external encoder. In many cases, if
            your radio has an internal encoder it is usually a simple matter of
            making a simple mod to allow the '210 to control encoded tone.

            I'm not overly familiar with the GM339 - is it possible to program it
            to allow and external signal to enable or disable encoded tone? If
            so, this may be the simplest way to accomplish your task.

            Ken
            President and CTO - Arcom Communications
            Makers of repeater controllers and accessories.
            http://www.arcomcontrollers.com/
            Authorized Dealers for Kenwood and Telewave and
            we offer complete repeater packages!
            AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
            http://www.irlp.net
            "We don't just make 'em. We use 'em!"