Mike K7PFJ wrote...
> Is there anybody running the embedded box with the weather script
> installed? If so how would you install the script and manage it?
Seeing as the weather script can't be installed on embedded nodes,
how about a central server that could create the audio files? It would
use the node number of the calling node to determine which weather
report or forecast to play on demand.
Along the same lines, how about a central "announce" server that could
also play canned messages about...
* IRLP technical announcements
* lists of regular nets on reflectors
* upcoming events like upcoming JOTA events
* updates on shuttle launches / reflector number
* info about national hamfests
* info about "local" hamfests based on proximity to calling node
* DX openings
All of the above could even be on a single server. Each service would
have a separate code. It could automatically disconnect after playing,
but with a 3 second window for "press 1 to hear again..." or not. The
caller could always just dial it up again.
A script on your own node could even send out a beep or a short
voice announcement when new announcements were available.