Re: [irlp-embedded] File updates

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2006
      No, the irlp file updates and flash_sync are not linked.

      However, the flash_sync is run daily, and the file updates are done on
      boot, so you will always be up to date.

      flash_sync requires root access to run. The IRLP scripts do not have root
      access, nor is it really required, because of the sequence of events that
      leads to the file syncing.