Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: Silence is deafening :)

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 30, 2006
      The double beep is a feature, such that all traffic from the
      "controller" (internet IRLP, etc) plays a double beep.

      Local traffic plays a single beep. You can change that if you want by
      copying the ct1.raw file to the ct2.raw file. If there is a logic issue, I
      would watch on the readinput system to see if COS is being interrupted.

      As for PL decode/squelch:

      1) Yes it is possible, BUT, the problem is that the input audio would have
      to be send straight from the receiver (pre-emphasized and unsquelched).

      2) Anything to do with software DSP decoding is processor intensive, and
      requires full access to the sound card.

      3) Why replace a perfectly good squelch ciruit in the MASTR-II :)

      There are limitation to a software controller. There are definately things
      it will not be able to do.

      The software PL I may play around with, moreso for a control feature. Of
      course we should be stripping off the PL from the audio BEFORE it gets
      that far.

      The watchdog should be external to the board. You could use the AUX3 pin
      to trigger a timer, and if that timer expires, it reboots the computer. It
      could even run off one of the unused parallel port pins I am sure.

      You would then have some type of system looking for a transistion of the
      AUX3 output. I would be suprised if you could get the computer to lock up
      in the first place. Anything that would cause a lockup would surely be
      hardware related, in which case a reboot would not fix it.... Although it
      may set the PTT back to normal.