Re: Feature requests for the new Embedded ITX machines....

  • ak5z
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2006
      Dave:
      I wanted to Pre-order, but received no reply to my email to you. How
      are we supposed to pre-order.
      John, AK5Z

      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

      > I am almost ready to start selling these beasties. Thanks for the
      > people who have requested a pre-order, and I will be giving the
      extra
      > $50 discount.
      >
      > Here are some things I have clarified on the embedded.html page:
      >
      > 1) The power consumption is around 14 watts. That is 1.15 amps at
      12V.
      > Better than I had originally thought
      >
      > 2) The audio card is amazing. It allows for multiple calls to it
      > without any degredation in sound quality. You can pipe IRLP audio,
      an
      > ID, and MP3, and maybe some voice IDs all at once, without
      affecting
      > the quality of any stream, although it is a little hard to
      understand :)

      > 3) I have mastered the "flash_sync" script which syncs changes in
      the
      > volatile RAM filesystem to the flash device. This means that you
      can
      > change your node how you want, and update the flash card yourself.
      It
      > you manage to screw it up, I plan to have a way to recover the
      card
      > using a windows machine.... I know ick...
      >
      > 4) Minicom and the serial port all work fine for controller
      > interfacing.
      >
      > 5) The installed irlp-controller script works well with an
      external
      > script to set the courtesy tone(s) and pitch, COS timer, etc.
      >
      > Please have a read over the features on the following site, and
      think
      > of things you would like to see added to this system. I would like
      > pack as much as I can in before sending out the first units.
      >
      > http://www.irlp.net/embedded.html
      >
      > Dave Cameron

    • Donald Jacob
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
        Dave,
        When you announced the embedded system I sent an email wishing to be on the pre-order list. Did I make it?
        73
        Don  WB5EKU
        Node 3830

        On 7/10/06, ve7ltd <dcameron@...> wrote:

[...]

        of things you would like to see added to this system. I would like to

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
          Yes,no problems. I have not got a chance to get back to everyone.

          Dave

        • AK5Z@ARRL.NET
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
            Thanks, Dave.  That also answers my previous question (and probably quite a few other folks same question).
            73,
            John, AK5Z

            Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 10:17 AM
            Subject: Re: [irlp-embedded] Feature requests for the new Embedded ITX machines....