Re: [irlp-embedded] dead irlp

  • A J Mays
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2007
      Hi David: I have the standard power supply and board.
      All the plugs are ok. The blue and green lignts are
      not on at all. From the supply board are 20 wires that
      go to a plug, four wires red,2 black and a yellow go
      to the IRLP board in the front,out of that plug 2
      small wires red, black to a very small plug to the
      flash board I guess no volatage here except .18vdc.
      There was lighting two days before I unplugged unit to
      move to site. When I got here would not come on. I am
      moving unit from my home in Texas to my Dads in Ct.
      where it will live. I hve to leave to go back to Texas
      Friday. Thanks for the help, sounds bad to me. A.J.
      --- David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:

      > Do you have the 13.8v DC option, or the standard
      > power supply board?
      >
      > There are a four small connectors that attach to a
      > colorful ribbon-like
      > cable. Are all four of those still plugged in (That
      > is where the power
      > switch connects). These provide the reset switch,
      > the power switch, and
      > the two front LEDs (power and Hard drive activity).
      >
      > Does the blue power LED flash at all, or nothing at
      > all?
      >
      > It sounds like the motherboard may be dead, or the
      > power supply is faulty.
      > Was there any lightning in the area recently?
      >
      > Dave Cameron
      >

      > On
      > Tue, 21 Aug 2007, Aubrey wrote:
      >
      > > My IRLP seems to be dead, no lights on in
      > front,repeater stays keyed
      > > when hooked up to IRLP. The monitor shows no
      > siginal present. The power
      > > supply checks 12.5 volts and there is 12.5 volts
      > to the power supply
      > > board. The 4 pin plug going to IRLP board in front
      > has only .18 volts
      > > on the red lead nothing on the yellow and I
      > suppose the blacks are
      > > grounds. Is there a fuse or fuse wire any where? I
      > may need to send it
      > > to you David. Any suggestions Thanks A.J. WA5YMQ

    • A J Mays
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 21, 2007
        Also David if we can not get this thing going which do
        you think will be best. You send me the board you
        think is bad or would you rather I send you the IRLP.
        Thanks A.J.

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 22, 2007
          It is probably best to send me the whole unit, I can troubleshoot it,
          and then get it back to you.

          You just have to be very careful about how it is sent to me, and what it
          says on the customs declaration form.

          First, send it by post. Sending it by courier is a problem, as in Canada
          our govt likes to collect sales tax on anything crossing the border, and
          the couriers love to tack on their $40 "handling fee", which is more
          like a "I can punch two numbers into a calculator" fee.

          Second, on the customs declaration for they will make you fill out, for
          description of goods clearly state:

          Defective Goods RETURNING to Canada for repair

          As for the value, put $400.

          It may only be the power supply, but it could also be a problem with the
          motherboard.

          Please email me directly for the address to send it to. Also, please
          provide the address you would like it sent back to.

          Dave Cameron

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 22, 2007
            Sent e-mail to you this am Thanks David A.J. WA5YMQ