Re: [irlp-embedded] Digest Number 221

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2007
      John AK5Z wrote...

      > I can use PutTy, but if the internet is down, that doesn't work.

      If the Internet connection was down, the IRLP node itself wouldn't be
      usable - hi! Re PuTTY though... I thought the computers were all in the same
      location but not in the same room. If you are on the same network, you
      should be able to SSH to the local IP address... not the public IP that your
      ISP provides. You would just need to know the local IP address and the port
      that SSH was listening on. By using SSH instead of connecting the node to a
      KVM switch, you could possibly avoid the use of long cables from the KVM
      switch to the node. The network cable is already there and connected.

      > Dave Cameron had mentioned in another message to someone else
      > that the Embedded-IRLP should work with a USB Keyboard...

      I have only used a PS2 keyboard on mine. I'll have to try plugging in a USB
      keyboard sometime.