Re: [irlp-embedded] Re: USB Ports

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 21, 2007
      John AK5Z wrote...

      > I installed KVM switches with USB ports for use with USB keyboard
      > and mouse... but when I switch to the Embedded-IRLP box, it doesn't
      > recognize the USB keyboard....

      I hope you can find a solution for getting the USB keyboard going via the
      KVM switch, but don't forget that you can log in by SSH from one of your
      other computers. It's just as if the keyboard is directly connected to the
      embedded node. The only thing you wouldn't be able to do is watch the screen
      while it's booting up.

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 26, 2007
        Sorry for the delayed response on this.

        Since the "hotplug" system is not properly working, you would have to
        manually add the drivers for the USB keyboard.

        That being said, I think you can also "simulate" a PS2 keyboard in the
        BIOS by changing the USB keyboard support to YES.

        Otherwise, try this:

        Once the computer is booted, login as root (obviously using a PS2
        keyboard or SSH). Then (like the USB key), load the modules by hand.

        modprobe usbkbd
        modprobe usbmouse

        Tell me what happens... I dont have one operaing here right now, and I
        dont own a usb keyboard.

        If this works, you can add those lines to the
        /etc/rc.d/rc.local file

        Dave Cameron