Feature requests for the new Embedded ITX machines....

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2006
      I am almost ready to start selling these beasties. Thanks for the
      people who have requested a pre-order, and I will be giving the extra
      $50 discount.

      Here are some things I have clarified on the embedded.html page:

      1) The power consumption is around 14 watts. That is 1.15 amps at 12V.
      Better than I had originally thought

      2) The audio card is amazing. It allows for multiple calls to it
      without any degredation in sound quality. You can pipe IRLP audio, an
      ID, and MP3, and maybe some voice IDs all at once, without affecting
      the quality of any stream, although it is a little hard to understand :)

      3) I have mastered the "flash_sync" script which syncs changes in the
      volatile RAM filesystem to the flash device. This means that you can
      change your node how you want, and update the flash card yourself. It
      you manage to screw it up, I plan to have a way to recover the card
      using a windows machine.... I know ick...

      4) Minicom and the serial port all work fine for controller
      interfacing.

      5) The installed irlp-controller script works well with an external
      script to set the courtesy tone(s) and pitch, COS timer, etc.

      Please have a read over the features on the following site, and think
      of things you would like to see added to this system. I would like to
      pack as much as I can in before sending out the first units.

      http://www.irlp.net/embedded.html

      Dave Cameron
    • ak5z
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 13, 2006
        Dave:
        I wanted to Pre-order, but received no reply to my email to you. How
        are we supposed to pre-order.
        John, AK5Z

        --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

        > I am almost ready to start selling these beasties. Thanks for the
        > people who have requested a pre-order, and I will be giving the
        extra
        > $50 discount.
        >
        > Here are some things I have clarified on the embedded.html page:
        >
        > 1) The power consumption is around 14 watts. That is 1.15 amps at
        12V.
        > Better than I had originally thought
        >
        > 2) The audio card is amazing. It allows for multiple calls to it
        > without any degredation in sound quality. You can pipe IRLP audio,
        an
        > ID, and MP3, and maybe some voice IDs all at once, without
        affecting
        > the quality of any stream, although it is a little hard to
        understand :)

        > 3) I have mastered the "flash_sync" script which syncs changes in
        the
        > volatile RAM filesystem to the flash device. This means that you
        can
        > change your node how you want, and update the flash card yourself.
        It
        > you manage to screw it up, I plan to have a way to recover the
        card
        > using a windows machine.... I know ick...
        >
        > 4) Minicom and the serial port all work fine for controller
        > interfacing.
        >
        > 5) The installed irlp-controller script works well with an
        external
        > script to set the courtesy tone(s) and pitch, COS timer, etc.
        >
        > Please have a read over the features on the following site, and
        think
        > of things you would like to see added to this system. I would like
        > pack as much as I can in before sending out the first units.
        >
        > http://www.irlp.net/embedded.html
        >
        > Dave Cameron

      • Donald Jacob
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
          Dave,
          When you announced the embedded system I sent an email wishing to be on the pre-order list. Did I make it?
          73
          Don  WB5EKU
          Node 3830

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
            Yes,no problems. I have not got a chance to get back to everyone.

            Dave

          • AK5Z@ARRL.NET
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 14, 2006
              Thanks, Dave.  That also answers my previous question (and probably quite a few other folks same question).
              73,
              John, AK5Z

              Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 10:17 AM
              Subject: Re: [irlp-embedded] Feature requests for the new Embedded ITX machines....