Re: [irlp-embedded] error 202

    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 19, 2007
      Well Bell is lying to you. The Siemens 4200 is a DSL/Router combo. You
      need to get into the configuration and set it up in bridge mode for IRLP
      (or any point to point software that needs a routable IP) to work.

      I am not sure if Bell uses PPPoA or PPPoE, but you will have to work with
      their customer service people to sort this out. There is nothing I can do
      from here to configure it.

      I am suprised that Bell would not admit there is a router in it.

      Dave Cameron

    • Jacques Gauthier
      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 19, 2007
        Spoke with a chap from "India", he gave me the short
        answer...I asked to speak to a chap in Canada he put
        me in touch with tech here. He suggested to
        reconfigure the modem myself, so I have been cruseing
        the net for firware cracks, there is a way but needs
        further investigation:-)

        If I can get the home office to do it I will.

        --- David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...> wrote:

        > Well Bell is lying to you. The Siemens 4200 is a
        > DSL/Router combo. You
        > need to get into the configuration and set it up in
        > bridge mode for IRLP
        > (or any point to point software that needs a
        > routable IP) to work.
        >
        > I am not sure if Bell uses PPPoA or PPPoE, but you
        > will have to work with
        > their customer service people to sort this out.
        > There is nothing I can do
        > from here to configure it.
        >
        > I am suprised that Bell would not admit there is a
        > router in it.
        >
        > Dave Cameron
        >

        > On Tue,
        > 19 Jun 2007, Jacques Gauthier wrote:
        >
        > > siemens 4200 speedstream
        > > bell tells me it's not a router?
        > >
        > > --- David Cameron - IRLP <dcameron@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > >> Ahha, so your DSL modem has a router in it
        > already.
        > >>
        > >> You need to log into the console of your DSL
        > modem
        > >> and configure it for
        > >> bridge mode, or somehow forward the ports you
        > need
        > >> to the IRLP node's
        > >> router.
        > >>
        > >> What kind of router do you have from Bell?
        > >>
        > >> Dave Cameron

        > as

        > is
        > >> the

        > >> ran
        > purchase

        > >> controller,

        > >> it
        > does

        === message truncated ===

        Jacques Gauthier
        150 Market St. Apt# 803
        Hamiton, Ontario
        Canada L8r 3H6

        Don't pick lemons.
        See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
        http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html
      • David Cameron
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 19, 2007
          This is what bell suggests? Or did you call siemens?

          Don't know why they would not have a common fix for this.

          IRLP System Designer
          http://www.irlp.net/

          http://search. <http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz> yahoo.com/search?fr=oni_on_mail&p=summer+activities+for+kids&cs=bz

          === message truncated ===

          Jacques Gauthier
          150 Market St. Apt# 803
          Hamiton, Ontario
          Canada L8r 3H6

          Don't pick lemons.
          See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
          http://autos. <http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html> yahoo.com/new_cars.html
        • Jacques Gauthier
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 19, 2007
            BELL suggested to re-configure the modem myself (yup)
            he also said that I can contact the business office in
            the AM, and ask them!

            I explained that I needed to allow port forwarding, he
            actknowledged this was possible.

            === message truncated ===

            Jacques Gauthier
            150 Market St. Apt# 803