Re: Development environment.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2006
      > Is perl installed in the base install? If so, any specific modules
      added?

      There is no perl and no perl modules. It was far too large to meet
      the criteria required for this system.

      > Any chance you'll have a 'devel' distribution, not intended for
      > production installation on the diskless system, but with the
      developer
      > suite supported? Ideally I'd like to have a multi-boot disk based
      > system, with a developer system and a production test system.

      The flash is developed using a slackware 10.2 system with compiling
      tools installed (and perl). The image I use to burn the flash drives
      is just a pick and choose set of files and devices from that system.

      The system is about 27 megs w/o IRLP, and 32 megs with. I plan to
      keep the base distro below 50 megs if possible, allowing people about
      30-40 megs to add things and store logs.

      Dave Cameron