Re: [irlp-embedded] Password

  • David McAnally
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2007
      On 5/6/07, Aubrey <aj45m@...> wrote:
      I am a real newcomer to IRLP. Booted my node for the first time , when
      the log on came up typed in rootirlp hit return, password log on came
      up with cursor, will not let you type in anything. Tried several times.
      If you hit return again gives incorrect password. IRLP is still on, did
      not try to turn off and back on afraid would not have stored password
      and would be in real trouble. Thanks AJ WA5YMQ

      Type "root" at the login prompt and hit enter.  Then type "rootirlp" and hit enter at the password prompt.  Nothing will display for the password prompt.

      --
      Regards,
      David McAnally, WD5M
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2007
        Jim
        Thanks so much for your reply got me going. Had to use root as log in then things went real well. Hope you had a wonderful day and thanks again A.J. WA5YMQ 73 Jim

        James Nessen <nessenj@...> wrote:
        You will find that information in the embedded manual in the irlp-embedded
        groups file area:

        ROOT Password

        The default root password on every shipped embedded IRLP machine is

        rootirlp

        The system will force you to change this on first login. DO NOT forget
        your password, as we can not recover it for you. Your whole system will
        have to be re&#8209;flashed and reconfigured from scratch. This is because
        it is very difficult to modify files (including the password file) on the
        flash drive, as it is only used read-only. Once the initial passwords are
        set, the changes are automatically synced to the flash device for the next
        boot.

        When typing in the password at the prompt, it will not show you anything,
        this is normal, just watch what you're typing on your keyboard :-)

        Jim
        --
        Jim Nessen K6JWN
        IRLP Nodes 3598, 3803 and 3633; EchoLink 83598 K6JWN-R