Re: [irlp-embedded] Password

  • James Nessen
    Message 1 of 5 , May 7, 2007
      You will find that information in the embedded manual in the irlp-embedded
      groups file area:

      ROOT Password

      The default root password on every shipped embedded IRLP machine is

      rootirlp

      The system will force you to change this on first login. DO NOT forget
      your password, as we can not recover it for you. Your whole system will
      have to be re‑flashed and reconfigured from scratch. This is because
      it is very difficult to modify files (including the password file) on the
      flash drive, as it is only used read-only. Once the initial passwords are
      set, the changes are automatically synced to the flash device for the next
      boot.

      When typing in the password at the prompt, it will not show you anything,
      this is normal, just watch what you're typing on your keyboard :-)

      Jim
      --
      Jim Nessen K6JWN
      IRLP Nodes 3598, 3803 and 3633; EchoLink 83598 K6JWN-R

      > I am a real newcomer to IRLP. Booted my node for the first time , when
      > the log on came up typed in rootirlp hit return, password log on came
      > up with cursor, will not let you type in anything. Tried several times.
      > If you hit return again gives incorrect password. IRLP is still on, did
      > not try to turn off and back on afraid would not have stored password
      > and would be in real trouble. Thanks AJ WA5YMQ

    • David McAnally
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2007
        On 5/6/07, Aubrey <aj45m@...> wrote:
        I am a real newcomer to IRLP. Booted my node for the first time , when
        the log on came up typed in rootirlp hit return, password log on came
        up with cursor, will not let you type in anything. Tried several times.
        If you hit return again gives incorrect password. IRLP is still on, did
        not try to turn off and back on afraid would not have stored password
        and would be in real trouble. Thanks AJ WA5YMQ

        Type "root" at the login prompt and hit enter.  Then type "rootirlp" and hit enter at the password prompt.  Nothing will display for the password prompt.

        --
        Regards,
        David McAnally, WD5M
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7, 2007
          Jim
          Thanks so much for your reply got me going. Had to use root as log in then things went real well. Hope you had a wonderful day and thanks again A.J. WA5YMQ 73 Jim

          James Nessen <nessenj@...> wrote:
          You will find that information in the embedded manual in the irlp-embedded
          groups file area:

          ROOT Password

          The default root password on every shipped embedded IRLP machine is

          rootirlp

          The system will force you to change this on first login. DO NOT forget
          your password, as we can not recover it for you. Your whole system will
          have to be re&#8209;flashed and reconfigured from scratch. This is because

          Email: nessenj@jimsoffice. org