Enabling the repeater controller

  • Tim Sawyer
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006
      How does one turn on the repeater controller? I read the embedded manual about
      controller.env for setting the various options but I didn't see how to enable/disable it. Is it
      simply a matter of jumpering AUX1 to PTT? Perhaps there's a write up of the repeater
      controller someone could point me to.

      Thanks,
      Tim
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 24, 2006
        The controller piece is turned on using the

        /home/irlp/features/features.env file

        Chnaging IRLP_CONTROLLER to YES will trigger the controller to start on
        the next boot sequence.

        There are also options in the
        /home/irlp/features/controller/controller.env file you may want to play
        with.

        You will also want to turn the PTT_LOCKOUT jumper on your IRLP board.
        Otherwise you will not have duplex control of your node (which seems silly
        if it is wired to the controller directly).

        Make sure after any changes you run the

        flash_sync

        script as root. That will save changes to the files on the flash device.

        Dave Cameron

        On Fri, 25 Aug 2006, Tim
        Sawyer wrote:

        > How does one turn on the repeater controller? I read the embedded manual about
        > controller.env for setting the various options but I didn't see how to enable/disable it. Is it
        > simply a matter of jumpering AUX1 to PTT? Perhaps there's a write up of the repeater
        > controller someone could point me to.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Tim
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Tim Sawyer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 26, 2006
          Thanks Dave, got it going and it works well. How is the audio mixed and adjusted? Are
          there separate inputs to the mixer for rx audio, cw tone, and IRLP levels?

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 26, 2006
            The audio mixer is described in the document.

            The level of feedback between the INPUT and OUTPUT (repeat audio) is
            controlled with the LINE slider. This is how the mute works... sets the
            line slider to zero.

            The level into the IRLP is controlled using the LINE1 slider.
            The level out of the IRLP is controller using the PCM slider. This also
            adjusts the CW tone, so be careful.

            The Recording device must be set to LINE for IRLP to work.

            The CWtone level is controlled using the program which calls the ID. Most
            likely is you are using the controller, it is in a script called

            /home/irlp/features/controller/id_script

            The contents are as follows:

            echo $CALLSIGN | cwpcm -sf -l 30 -p 1000 > /dev/dsp

            This plays the callsign stored in the IRLP environment file, at a fast
            rate, at a level of 30%, and a pitch of 1000 Hz.

            Feel free to change this to what you want.

            For example

            echo "hi de ve7ltd" | cwpcm -sm -l 20 -p 500

            Would play the ID "hi de ve7ltd" at 20% volume, medium rate, and 500Hz.
            The tags are shown in the script.

            -ss slow rate
            -sm medium rate
            -sf fast rate
            -sx extra fast rate

            -l 0-100 sets level
            -p 0-3000 sets frequency

            So it is a balance of LINE for repeat audio, PCM for IRLP transmitted
            audio, LINE1 for IRLP input audio, and Vol for overall audio.