db9 pin assignments

  • Emit Hurdelbrink
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6, 2007
      I have been trying to find the pin assignments for the DB9 connector
      from the embedded node to a Motorola M120 Radio. I found the page
      that described the radio 16 port pin but where do they go.

      Thanks in advance.

      73s,
      Emit, w0uaw
      Message 2 of 5 , May 6, 2007
        The DB-9 Output is described in the embedded Manual, located in the
        files area of this yahoogroup. It describes on Page 2 that the wiring is
        the same as the standard version 3.0 board, and that audio output is
        available on pin 9.

        This means you take the wiring for a version 3 IRLP board from the install
        doc:

        http://www.irlp.net/new-install/Ver3_Wiring.pdf

        and then add the radio's transmit audio to pin 9.

        Dave Cameron

        On Mon, 7 May 2007, Emit Hurdelbrink wrote:

        > I have been trying to find the pin assignments for the DB9 connector
        > from the embedded node to a Motorola M120 Radio. I found the page
        > that described the radio 16 port pin but where do they go.
        >
        > Thanks in advance.
        >
        > 73s,
        > Emit, w0uaw

      • Emit Hurdelbrink
        Message 3 of 5 , May 6, 2007
          Perfect, thanks Dave!  I assume the embedded node also needs the jumper between pins 2 & 3 as in the docs right??

          The DB-9 Output is described in the embedded Manual, located in the
          files area of this yahoogroup. It describes on Page 2 that the wiring is
          the same as the standard version 3.0 board, and that audio output is
          available on pin 9.

          This means you take the wiring for a version 3 IRLP board from the install
          doc:

          http://www.irlp. net/new-install/ Ver3_Wiring. pdf

          and then add the radio's transmit audio to pin 9.

          Dave Cameron

          On Mon, 7 May 2007, Emit Hurdelbrink wrote:

          > I have been trying to find the
          pin assignments for the DB9 connector
          > from the embedded node to a
          Motorola M120 Radio. I found the page
          > that described the radio 16 port
          pin but where do they go.

          > Thanks in advance.

          73s,

          Message 4 of 5 , May 6, 2007
            If you are using things that use AUX1 for keying, then yes.

            Dave Cameron

            On Sun, 6 May
            2007, Emit Hurdelbrink wrote:

            > Perfect, thanks Dave! I assume the embedded node also needs the jumper
            > between pins 2 & 3 as in the docs right??
            >
            > _____

          • Emit Hurdelbrink
            Message 5 of 5 , May 6, 2007
              Since I am using the standard embedded scripts and the docs call for those two to be jumpered, then I assume that I am.

              href="mailto:irlp-embedded%40yahoogroups.com">irlp-embedded@ yahoogroups. com [mailto:irlp-embedded@ yahoogroups. com]

              On Behalf Of David Cameron - IRLP
              > Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2007 7:27
              PM

              href="http://www.irlp.">http://www.irlp. <http://www.irlp. net/new-install/ Ver3_Wiring. pdf>

              net/new-install/ Ver3_Wiring. pdf

              > and then add the
              radio's transmit audio to pin 9.

              > Dave Cameron
              >
              > On
              Mon, 7 May 2007, Emit Hurdelbrink wrote:

              >> I have been trying
              to find the pin assignments for the DB9 connector
              >> from the embedded
              node to a Motorola M120 Radio. I found the page
              >> that described the
              radio 16 port pin but where do they go.

              >> Thanks in
              advance.