First orders on their way!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2006
      If I had received payment of your Embedded system before Thursday
      last week, your system was sent on Friday. I shipped a total of 9
      units.

      I have 7 more to send this week, and they will most likely be sent on
      Thursday or Friday this week.

      You will get a confirmation of shipping email from me (or Canada
      Post) when the system is shipped.

      For those of you who receive their unit and have any questions, dont
      hesitate to email me any questions. Michael Brooke VE6XUK got his up
      and running last night by just plugging in the cables :) His node
      number is 1638 if you want to hear what it sounds like... (Sorry Mike)

      Not all of the units I have sent out will work right out of the box,
      as sometimes I did not have the proper PGP key to transer your old
      node number. In those cases, we will configure them remotely.

      One key thing to remember is that SSH is on port 15426, not the
      standard port 22.

      I am going to make changes to the cost and availability of some of
      the "options" as I have found some things out in building the first
      batch:

      1) A lot of time has to be put into the modification of the "fanless"
      cases to install the DB-9 connector. A lot more than I had originally
      thought :)

      2) Offering units without IRLP boards installed is very counter-
      productive. I have to build them with the board installed, spend the
      time to get it all aligned just right and tested, and then remove it
      again, just to have the next person have to spend about 30 minutes
      getting the board to fit. The standard case has only fractions of an
      inch clearance between the board and the power supply, and thus needs
      to be positioned just right to ensure that no stress is placed on any
      components. (this ia also true for the 99% of you who will want to
      take your system apart when you get it) :)

      3) The 19" rack cases are larger than I thought they would be, and
      there are smaller (and unfortuantley more expensive) options out
      there. Only cases where the extra "room" is required will be
      available by special order.

      Thanks to those that have decided to purchase the embedded units so
      far. I will need to get a feeling of how many more may be ordered
      over the next few months so I have the right amount of stock to keep
      orders flowing.

      Anyone interested in the second wave of ordering yet?