Re: [irlp-embedded] Node 4212 Up

  • Jeff Davis, KE9V
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 14, 2007
      On 4/14/07, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:
      > I grabbed elvis from the files area on the IRLP group just a few days ago. It
      > works OK for me. I'm not a "power vi user" but elvis has some of the
      > functionality missing from the vi that I'm used to. I'm trying to get myself
      > more used to pico, but it's nice to have vi (link to elvis) on there now.

      Thanks for that info. I grabbed the file and am all set now. Looking
      in /usr/bin I could see elvis but didn't notice it was a symbolic link
      to a non-existant file. That's all better now.

      > I think the web interface likes a username of remote on the embedded nodes,
      > but I seem to recall that on another one (not embedded), I managed to get it
      > going with the callsign for the username, but that was a year ago and I don't
      > recall the steps to get it going that way!

      Got that working now too. But I intend to disable it long term.

      > Mine will look a lot nicer when I clean all the dust off it. I used to have a
      > fan running on it continuously. Right now, there isn't a fan, but I'll connect
      > it to AUX1 tomorrow. (PS - good talking with you earlier!)

      Nice talking to you too Keith. I appreciate the help.

      73, Jeff KE9V
      irlp 4212