Re: New pictures of 19" and fanless case

  • k9dc
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 18, 2006
      --- In irlp-embedded@yahoogroups.com, "ve7ltd" <dcameron@...> wrote:

      > I have uploaded some rough photos of the new Fanless and 19" case.
      >
      > They are available at
      >
      > http://www.irlp.net/embedded/cases
      >
      > Feel free to comment on any of the ones you see there.

      Dave-

      How deep are those cases? I need one of the 10-inch deep 1U cases, to
      fit in my skinny Mastr II rack. Those look about as deep as they are wide.

      -Dave
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 21, 2006
        They are quite deep (15.5"), but are a good value for the dollar
        spent on them. I am looking to get a few of the lower profile 1U
        cases to compare to, but the only outfit I can purchase them from
        demands that the board be "installed and tested", which is completly
        useless for my uses and pricing structure.

        Looking at the pictures of the 10 inch one you mention there is no
        reason why they could not be used instead. The price point difference
        will have to increase to cover the additional cost of the case
        and "preinstalled" board.

        David Cameron